Inadvertently recorded my tire being patched

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: 3800Series

People are lazy and some are just plain stupid. They look over stuff to be nice because if you bring it to them clearly you don't have the time or the knowledge to do it. I can tell you there has been more then a few engines saved by people simply being nice and looking. Most people don't even check there oil. Couldn't tell you if they had a oil leak or not.

Its considered preventative maintenance.

In retrospect, I guess the simians at Tire Kingdom did me a favor- I'm sure that the oil bath my underhood components received extended their life to a significant degree...

Originally Posted By: philipp10
Originally Posted By: bubbatime
Yeah I would be beyond angry. Don't touch my freaking car if I am just there for a flat repair. Don't check the oil. Don't look at the power steering fluid. Look at the brake pads ON THAT WHEEL since you removed the wheel anyways, but nothing more, and nothing less than a flat repair.

I had a similar incident. Got a new Accord and the freaking oil filter was like welded on. So for my fist oil change, went to Walmart. After the change the guy says, we ran a battery load test on your battery and it is weak. I am like, [censored] are you doing even touching my battery....geez. Never again. BTW, how do they run a battery laod test? Do they have to disconnect the battery terminal?

No, the battery is not disconnected. Its a harmless conductance test that just connects to the battery while its connected to the car. IT does not actually load the battery, just estimate the CCA based on the conductance of the battery. They are fairly accurate. They are marginally better in that respect with the car disconnected, but Ive never seen anyone do that. Takes too much time.

Unless you have given them permission to touch other parts of your car, they should not do any such thing.

If they offer a free inspection and you accept, that's fine. Otherwise no.

Everybody makes mistakes [see oil cap missing above] and unnecessarily work equals unnecessary problems.

I got new tires and an alignment and my hood was raised for that. I got the call stating bad ball joint(likely legit) and belts were squeaky which were replaced 10k ago during major repair(valve job) and never heard a chirp EVER from them in 10 years ownership.

Originally Posted By: MCompact

In retrospect, I guess the simians at Tire Kingdom did me a favor- I'm sure that the oil bath my underhood components received extended their life to a significant degree...

Having worked as a tire/lube tech (but not left a cap off) I have to call you out on the simians comment. I was trying to get my start in an interesting career field, and, luckily, it's still something where you can walk in off the street and start making an honest paycheck, then scramble up and get promoted if you're good.

Good reason to have the service writer clearly state on the
RO that "Customer refuses all other inspections and work, except for the specific repair indicated".

If they can't do it right they shouldn't bother with inspections.

Originally Posted By: eljefino

Having worked as a tire/lube tech (but not left a cap off) I have to call you out on the simians comment. I was trying to get my start in an interesting career field, and, luckily, it's still something where you can walk in off the street and start making an honest paycheck, then scramble up and get promoted if you're good.

My comment was directed at the entire staff of imbeciles at that one particular Tire Kingdom; even if they were just "inspecting" my car they had no reason whatsoever to remove the oil filler cap. It is the natural consequence of apathy, carelessness, and/or rank stupidity.

That said, I have nothing but respect for the techs who do a conscientious job.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back