2011 FLHX Oil Filter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys. Just wondering what you Harley guys are running for an oil filter. I've been using the K&N 171C. The nut on the end sure makes it convenient to take off, but from what I've read, they may not be the best filter. Any comments or suggestions are appreciated. Thanks

I've used HD and Amsoil oil filters on my bikes. Now I just run the HD cause I get a discount for being a HOG member and the dealer is pretty close..

I have a Harley branded oil filter on mine now.

I have used some Purolator products in the past.

I am sure that K and N filter is fine and doing its job.

Originally Posted By: Joe_Power
Hey guys. Just wondering what you Harley guys are running for an oil filter. I've been using the K&N 171C. The nut on the end sure makes it convenient to take off, but from what I've read, they may not be the best filter. Any comments or suggestions are appreciated. Thanks

I'm running K&N basically for the same reason you are but, trying to figure out what's best and available. Here is a very informative website about motorcycle oil filters http://motorcycleinfo.calsci.com/FilterStudy.html

Forgot to mention that Champion of IL (not of spark plug fame) makes HD oil filters at one time. If like HD oil Citgo, its open to lowest bidders when contracts are up. As long as its made to HD specs.

Most (if not all) K&N oil filter production is moved off shore.

The Super Premium 5 (Harley Davidson) appears to be a fine filter, and its what I have on both the Harleys at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back