Fluid Transfer Pump Recommendation

Status
Not open for further replies.
It seems like I am always having to put a quart of some ATF, power steering, or differential oil into some remote vehicle cavity on a regular basis. Can anybody recommend a convenient hand powered fluid transfer pump that is easily cleaned so that I can change fluids easily? The constant hassle of trying to find something that works for most applications has been driving me nuts for years. So far the best I have done is a nice oil can with a plastic tube. In cleans up easily but it is sloooowwww.... I finally thought I would break down and ask for advice.

I use a syringe pump from az for 40wt (90wt) type applications. Runny and hot things are easily siphoned (gas, psf, atf)

x2. The HF pump works well, but it broke on me halfway through the suctioning process. May want to buy two just in case (they arent more than about $5 a piece IIRC)

I used the HF pump for adding gear oil to my brothers blazer. It leaked right out of the box and the bottom hose kept coming off from I assume the pressure. One time it sprayed oil at him.
crackmeup2.gif

Had I been siphoning ATF or PS fluid, I imagine the leak would have been more severe though.

I have used a Pela 6000 for about 10 years. Mainly to suck oil out through the dipstick, but also for ATF, PS and brake fluid. I wouldn't say it's easy to clean out, but everything I pull out gets dumper into gallon jugs for proper disposal and not reused.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back