Amsoil signature vs European?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow I checked the oil level today and it is at the top right perfectly where it was when I did the Mobil 1 change. I must have checked the oil The wrong way or something. Idk what happened. But seems to be perfectly fine now! Honestly now that I think about it, the last time I checked it was at my house which is a relatively I level surface and probably made the oil seem lower than it is. Today I checked it at my family members paved FLAT driveway and it read perfect. I'm an idiot lol

So what about amsoil DEO 5w40? It's a little thicker than most. Also has a high additive pack compared to most. Would it be any different compared to running rotella t6? Tons of people are running rotella in my engine.

Originally Posted By: 02s4audi
So what about amsoil DEO 5w40? It's a little thicker than most. Also has a high additive pack compared to most. Would it be any different compared to running rotella t6? Tons of people are running rotella in my engine.

DEO is a diesel oil designed for heavy duty diesel applications as is Rotella T6.
Both can have phosphorus levels as high as 1200 ppm. Not good for catalytic converters. Again, the best oil for your application is one that meets VW 502.

Originally Posted By: 02s4audi

Originally Posted By: BrianC

DEO is a diesel oil designed for heavy duty diesel applications as is Rotella T6.
Both can have phosphorus levels as high as 1200 ppm. Not good for catalytic converters. Again, the best oil for your application is one that meets VW 502.

Amsoil DEO is a fine choice for an OUT OF WARRANTY German gasoline engine (since it does NOT meet the requisite specifications).

DEO 5W40 IS API SN rated, and is fine for gasoline engines. 1200 ppm of phosphorus is not an issue, as Mobil 1 0W40 has 1000 ppm and it is used around the world in gas engines. The 200 ppm will not make any difference in a healthy engine. DEO is a robust oil and will most likely offer great protection.

If the car is drinking oil by the gallon, then you'll likely have a converter problem no matter what oil is being used.

If you don't want to shell out the $12 a piece for the NGK PFR6Q spark plugs that NGK recommends, you can always use their BKR6E v-groove plugs. They are
http://shop.advanceautoparts.com/p/ngk-v-power-spark-plug-bkr6e-6962/19650234-P

I'm tuned to stage 1 and run the BKR7E plugs which are one heat range colder. Many say the colder plugs are needed with the higher boost pressures.

And I don't believe for a minute that an Audi 2.7t doesn't have an oil leak. I think the oil leaks were one of the design parameters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back