Cel PO453

Status
Not open for further replies.

aws

My wife got home and said the cel is on, scan the code and says po453 evap emission system pressure sensor high. And she just had the tank filled up at a full service station. Did a little search and not finding much on this part. The car is a 2003 Oldsmobile Alero 2.4 car has about 125,000 KM. Is this a big job to replace

I had a '99 Grand Am, basically the same car as the Alero, and the evap CEL's were most often fixed by just taking off the gas cap and putting it back on and waiting a few days. However, it may be different for you because you said "high" pressure and a loose cap or badly sealing cap wouldn't cause high, it would cause low. Check the seal around the plastic insert into the filler neck. I had to use some JB weld around mine to seal it up. They didn't cover it up well on the GA and years of snow and salt splashing up on it rusted it really bad.

That's my $.02

Nick beat me too it, but yea. Look to the gas cap.

Last edited:
In our GM fleet trucks many times this is a simple gas cap issue.

Chrysler 300's are known to experience issues from overfilling, I am certain many other cars do as well. But this one seems like the OP might get lucky...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back