'14 Suzuki Blvd M109R Factory Fill, 1000 miles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was having too much fun the first 1000 miles, so I did not change the oil @ 600 miles, doesn't look like it hurt a bit. I know it's a different bike, but my Goldwing's first oil change was called for @ 4000 miles, and that analysis came back fine. I did not break this one in lightly. Not a bunch of redlining, but I did do my best Valentino Rossi imitation for several hours, with virtually no highways. Great bike. When I got the bike home after the 30 mile ride home from the dealer, I checked the oil, and it took about 1/8 qt. to get it to the full line. I filled it with some petroleum 10w-30 I had laying around.

In: Motul 5100 10w-50 Synthetic Ester Blend, Emgo 10-55672 Chrome Filter.

** This Motul 5100 smells GREAT, like it has cologne in it.
Blackstone:

You mentioned being a little late on this oil change, but we don't really see any negative affects from that. There
is quite a bit of bronze wear here (copper, lead, and tin), but we're probably looking at normal wear-in considering this is factory oil. Silicon is just harmless sealers washing out. You can expect improvements next time, even if you run a little
longer. The viscosity is in the 10W/30 or thin 10W/40 range. No
fuel or coolant is present and the oil filter kept
insolubles low. No obvious problems found in this new engine.

Suzuki BLVD. 1783cc
Oil: Factory Fill
Miler on Bike: 1000
Miles on oil: 1000
Make-up oil : None

ALUMINUM 9
CHROMIUM 1
IRON 23
COPPER 28
LEAD 4
TIN 6
MOLYBDENUM 199
NICKEL 2
MANGANESE 3
SILVER 0
TITANIUM 0
POTASSIUM 10
BORON 6
SILICON 60
SODIUM 12
CALCIUM 2384
MAGNESIUM 14
PHOSPHORUS 924
ZINC 1025
BARIUM 24

SUS Viscosity @ 210°F 65.7
cSt Viscosity @ 100°C 11.81
Flashpoint in °F 410
Fuel % span>
Antifreeze %
Water %
Insolubles % TR .6

Last edited:
Great looking bike. They're very popular here. How do you find the cornering clearance? That's the big thing that puts me off cruisers.

Thanks Quattro. HPB- I ride it like a sportbike and keep on truckin.... I haven't noticed it dragging any footpegs yet, but I'm sure that time will come. The feet forward riding position took a little bit to get used to, but now I'm perfectly comfortable on it, and it stops on a dime. Rode 325 miles one day last week, and it has no back rest and I was perfectly comfortable.

Good info, thanks
smile.gif

idiotic statements by the stoners.

there is an established value for susvis to be at a certain wt. clearly they dont know it!

silicon of 60 is HUGE!!! either a lot of dirt or a lot of sealer leach...wow!

where does magnesium of 14 come from?

copper, iron, lead, tin....not low but should drop a lot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back