Fuel Additive That Actually Works?

Status
Not open for further replies.
This guy does non-biased additive tests all the time and this one shows great results. Check out the link below. I just ordered a bottle...

YouTube Video

Last edited by a moderator:
I didn't click on the link, but I have used Techron for years with no fuel system problems so.....

This is supposed to improve power, and fuel economy.

The dyno test performed shows a nice increase in HP and Torque.

I will say its quite interesting from the video. I still will stick with Gumout All in One with pea or redline si-1. I have always had good luck with both of these products and at 125,000+ on a 2012 hyundai accent i get 38mpg+...more than the car got new as its listed at 37mpg. If you are getting E10 run Gumout All in One twice a month as it neutralizes ethanol, if not go top of the line with redline si-1 which has pea and an octane booster.

Redline actually works as a carbon cleaner
Toluene and Xylene (alone or mixed) actually work as preignition and spark knock inhibitors.

Originally Posted By: Pop_Rivit
Every one of my vehicles runs just fine without spending additional money on snake oil additives.

So why are you on the fuel additive board? Just trolling to pass the time?

Originally Posted By: badtlc
Every one of my vehicles runs just fine without spending additional money on snake oil additives.

So why are you on the fuel additive board? Just trolling to pass the time?

Professor Platitude's maximum time since the last holier than thou pronouncement had passed, so...

That reminds me; my snake's OCI is just about up.

Any other similar *independent* dyno test with other snake oil remedies? If there are, I have not come across yet.

The manufacturers prefer the technical term to be used.

Legless Reptile Lubricant

You really want to find out?
Run an additive yourself in a car for which you have a good baseline of more than 10K miles of fuel consumption records.
Run it at the recommended dose for at least 5K and see whether you can see any difference.
The difference will be small, but might be real.
The easiest way to see any consistent trend would be to graph both the pre-add and post add fuel consumption figures.
Excel makes this easy.
There may well be some gain with the additive, but it may be so small as to make the marginal cost exceed the marginal savings.

Berryman B12 chemtool, seafoam and MMO are my top three.

Lucas UCL

AND MARINE STA-Bil

All work great!
Use them regularly with oil changes one of the three. Then the Stabil at every fill-up.

Originally Posted By: Oldmoparguy1
Mine too.

Put any of it that I have listed and it might just astonish you!!

You can thank OBAMA administration for helping mess your engine up too with 10-15 water attracting ethanol in your fuel system.

Trust me they do work.

Simple test to see if it works. Fill your tank. Take a distant road trip. Refill only this time add a can of seafoam or B-12 and then drive the same or perhaps further distance. See how many miles more you can go! I bet you will gain valuable 1-2mpg possibly

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back