Recommendations For A Good Easy On / Off Wax?

Status
Not open for further replies.
meguiars #26 is one of the easiest waxes I have used in terms of easy on/off. Good durability and has a nice warm shine to it. The only other one I have used personally that was easy was Chemical Guys butter wet wax. Similiar but Meguiars I enjoyed working with more.

Originally Posted By: wemay
Lucas spray wax really surprised me with how easy it was to apply and remove, not to mention the deep shine it left. Good stuff.

I second this. I've had this stuff for awhile but just used it the other day for the first time for the heck of it on my daily driver 92 Cavalier. It was very easy to apply and take off and gave the car a great shine. I don't know about durability yet but it has rained several times since I've applied it and it beads up very nicely.

I normally use Duragloss products but may switch to the lucas Speed wax.

Wayne

Another vote for Meguiars #26 (Hi-Tech Yellow). Easy on, easy off. While I haven't used it much in years (moved onto sealants), it's really easy for the DIYer by hand or machine.

Originally Posted By: wtd
Originally Posted By: wemay
Lucas spray wax really surprised me with how easy it was to apply and remove, not to mention the deep shine it left. Good stuff.

I second this. I've had this stuff for awhile but just used it the other day for the first time for the heck of it on my daily driver 92 Cavalier. It was very easy to apply and take off and gave the car a great shine. I don't know about durability yet but it has rained several times since I've applied it and it beads up very nicely.

I normally use Duragloss products but may switch to the lucas Speed wax.

Wayne

I've used the Lucas and Griots (both pump spray) on the motorcycle - both easy on/off. I'm not sure which I like better.

Another vote for the Megs NXT 2.0 here. I have a tub of the paste, which I don't even think is available any more, but the liquid is apparently equally as good.

Also, you can't go wrong with Collinite.

..and since Spray wax is coming up alot, I can't say anything bad about Megs Ultimate Quik Wax. Awesome spray wax.

Showing up late to the party here...

Megs Ultimate wax is my favorite, I use the paste. The easiest to use I have ever used. Works well at near-freezing (froze my doors shut doing that) and in 90+ heat.

Right now I have Meg's paint protect 365 on. It is also very easy, but it is a little different in that it does not haze. This stuff has been reported to fail fabulously if added on a cold car btw. Too early for me to have an opinion on it. The Ultimate Wax I can recommend though.

Buck91-
Yes it is new this year. I think it should be in stores now, although I ordered mine as soon as it came out.

So far I like it, but it is a little different from normal waxes. The purpose of the product is long-lasting protection moreso than looks. It also has UV protection (a lot of products say they have UV protection but it doesn't actually function).

It looks okay, although I did a bit of prep work before I used it and my car is silver. It does a very poor job of "filling" blemishes. It has good beading and sheeting properties, but the beading is not as tight as other products.

It is supposed to last a year. Too early for me to say if this is true.

P21S is awesome stuff, but there is no cleaner/correction to it. It's just wax. Wipe it on and wipe it off. No cure time or drying time. Because there is no cleaner, it wont stain trim.

I just recently tried Meguiar's NXT 2.0 liquid, and it was the easiest wax job I have ever done. I must confess, this is the first time i have tried liquid wax. Before now, I've always used paste.

The NXT does make the metallic flake in my black Outback really pop. But, I noticed while driving home in a rain storm, only a week after applying the NXT, that it does not repel water anywhere near as well as the Turtle Wax Ice paste, that I have just switched from.

I love Fuzion but for a good reasonable priced wax then Blackfire Midnight Sun or Chemical Guys Petes 53..

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back