Advice on wax to make bug removal easier

Status
Not open for further replies.
I use turtle wax ice a few times a year to help but am open to any and ALL efforts. I drive I 70 everyday and its bug heaven out there. They hit, and there is clear goop everywhere ahhhh. Would using the wax treatment at car wash help? I am by no means unhappy with turtle wax ice just looking for something that might be a bit more effective for the bugs. Thanks

CarPro's CQuartz UK or CQuartz Finest. With either of these products, I can remove 90% of the bugs with just a garden hose - no agitation.

Originally Posted By: ted s
aply the wax and don't buff it off

Not a good idea.

Originally Posted By: Clevy
Dryer sheets clean bugs off easy.

That will probably marr up some paints. APC, such a Optimum Power Clean, works very well for dissolving bugs.

Last edited:
I use really ))*HOT(( water to remove bugs. They just melt off!
I crank up the water heater for about 20 minutes first then, fill a bucket with ))*HOT(( water and a small glug of car wash soap. And I remove the bugs prior to washing the vehicle. Make sure to do the windshield and outside mirrors too!

* CAUTION - Use Rubber Gloves To Protect Your Hands!

Steel toe shoes and eye protection is optional
laugh.gif

Last edited:
Clean the paint well and use a sealant. I'm sure what The Critic suggested will work well. I use Klasse sealant and i spray eagle, wax as u dry over it.

Part of equation is if your paint surface is actually in good shape regardless of whatever wax/sealant you use.

Does it need a claying? Use the plastic bag test and see if your surface really is smooth

Last edited:
Here you go:

1) Clay Bar or Surf City Garage's "Beyond Clay".

2) Meguiar's Ultimate Compound.

3) A quality Wax.

4) A quality Sealant.

Have yet to find a wax that allows dried bugs to rinse off but any wax or sealant should make them MUCH easier to wash away. A good quality sealant will last a whole heck of a lot long than just about any wax.

And don't forget at least some prep. I'd say minimum should be wash -> clay -> sealant/wax -> 2nd coat sealant/wax.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back