Lucas Oil Diesel Deep Clean

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone seen or used Lucas Oil Diesel Deep Clean.

They claim:
Lucas Diesel Deep Clean is a new technology designed to reduce particulate matter in diesel particulate filters (DPF), which helps extends the life of the equipment. Particulate matter is a major contributor to the degradation of DPF systems. Our product cleans fuel injectors, restores power loss and improves acceleration. It restores engine performance and improves fuel economy and reduces NOx emissions.

Source: http://lucasoil.com/products/problem-solvers-utility/diesel-deep-clean

I have a truck with a DPF, and am curious if I truly would see any benefit to running this product on occasion?

Originally Posted By: TSR6
Has anyone seen or used Lucas Oil Diesel Deep Clean.
I have a truck with a DPF, and am curious if I truly would see any benefit to running this product on occasion?

Your wallet would be lighter, which would make the seats more comfortable. Otherwise I would let the DPF do its job and ensure you interrupt as few regens as possible.

I know DPFs and/or SCR are very scary acronyms these days but in reality they tend to work well at what they are doing.

Originally Posted By: scurvy

Your wallet would be lighter, which would make the seats more comfortable. Otherwise I would let the DPF do its job and ensure you interrupt as few regens as possible.

I know DPFs and/or SCR are very scary acronyms these days but in reality they tend to work well at what they are doing.

I just figured if it does what it claims to do - I might avoid a passive or active regen here and there.

I personally would avoid Lucas products.

Most every HDEO has a superior cleaning package.

Most are either loaded with calcium or have a calcium/magnesium combination to do the job.

If you read the HDEO manufacturer's materials, keeping DEF/regen diesels cleaner is one of the chief goals in the change from CI-4 to CJ-4 formulations.

I'd trust my diesel to be well lubed and contaminants under control with Delo, Delvac, or Rotella and call it good.

Originally Posted By: SilverC6
I personally would avoid Lucas products.

Most every HDEO has a superior cleaning package.

Most are either loaded with calcium or have a calcium/magnesium combination to do the job.

If you read the HDEO manufacturer's materials, keeping DEF/regen diesels cleaner is one of the chief goals in the change from CI-4 to CJ-4 formulations.

I'd trust my diesel to be well lubed and contaminants under control with Delo, Delvac, or Rotella and call it good.

I have to run the low ash Euro oils. I've been running the Pennzoil Euro-L

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back