Anyone a fan of Naked Juices?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is this a brand or something.

Ever since buying my masticating juicer I will never ever go back to buying any kind of juice ever again.
I even juice to use for smoothies which is the only way I can stomach wheatgrass.

Originally Posted By: Clevy
Is this a brand or something.

Ever since buying my masticating juicer I will never ever go back to buying any kind of juice ever again.
I even juice to use for smoothies which is the only way I can stomach wheatgrass.

Picked up a Omega 8600HD a few months ago......

As others have suggested, if health is your concern, you would be better off eating the actual fruit than simply extracting the sugar from the fruit and leaving a good portion of the fiber out of the drink.

Sometimes our Friday after the Workout of the Day group gets together for breakfast to undo the WOD. Someone will get a bottle of this or something similar. We'll share it in small dixie cup size portions using the sample cups from the coffee bar.

That's about enough of the sugary drink for me.

Originally Posted By: DriveHard
Is drinking Naked Juice like drinking Mountain Dew?

Mountain Dew and Naked Green Machine have more in common than being green: they both have about 60 grams of sugar in a bottle. And a good percentage of that sugar is from fructose; in Green Machine that fructose comes from the fruit ingredients and in Mountain Dew it comes from High Fructose Corn Syrup.

Where the fructose comes from is really of no concern to your body. When you drink a Mountain Dew or a Naked juice, you’re consuming more fructose in one sitting than you should consume over the course of a few days.

We’ve talked about fructose before, but for those of you who need a quick review, fructose is a major contributor to elevated triglycerides and elevated LDL, depletion of vitamins and minerals, cardiovascular disease, liver disease, cancer, arthritis and even gout. It also makes you fat.

Fructose is metabolized differently by the body than other sugars like glucose. Unlike other sugars, fructose is taken straight to the liver where it is metabolized into free fatty acids (FFAs), VLDL (the damaging form of cholesterol), and triglycerides, which get stored as fat. When you eat 120 calories of glucose, less than one calorie is stored as fat. 120 calories of fructose results in 40 calories being stored as fat. Yet another reason why a calorie is not a calorie.

Your body can easily handle the fructose in whole fruit. But drinking it in a product like Naked Juice is not something I recommend — it’s simply too much at one sitting, especially if you’re drinking this stuff day after day.

To their credit, Naked is one of the companies that doesn’t lie to you when it puts “no added sugar” on the label. I checked the ingredients and they in fact don’t use any added sugars. But, they don’t have to. The fruits they use are so high in sugar it probably wouldn’t be edible if they added more.

Taken from here:
http://rebootedbody.com/naked-juice/

Sounds scary but something you didn't mention is Mountain Dew doesn't have any fiber. Fiber helps slow down the absorption of sugar so your blood glucose doesn't have huge spikes after drinking or eating something that has a lot of carbohydrates. Same thing as eating white bread vs whole wheat bread.

Also when people talk about a calorie is a calorie they are referring to total caloric intake and weight loss/gain. I can lose weight eating candy all day if my total caloric intake is less than what my body needs. How healthy that is is a totally different subject.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back