Deadblow hammer

Status
Not open for further replies.
^ At least that HF 4# hammer ships at 3.94 lb, LOL.

Originally Posted By: Rand
HF has a 4# for 12$

but it has this amazing "feature"

4 lb. Neon Orange Dead Blow Hammer
SKU 41800
Brand Pittsburgh
Head weight (oz.) 4 lb.
Product Weight 4 lbs.
Shipping Weight 3.43 lb.

yes the head is 4lb the handle weighs nothing and when you ship it.. it becomes .57lb lighter to save you shipping.

I bought a Hammerworks Mfg. hammer that is made of some type of zinc composite, it is better than deadblow. It hits firm but doesn't damage the surface. It doesn't split/cut/crack/chip like a plastic deadblow. It's not a "use a few years and replace" tool.

Buy the dead blow hammer that fits your needs.

If I wish to buy the $10 dollar hammer made in China to help keep a chinaman from starving so be it, and if I wish to recommend such to someone else so be it. If I think its foolish to spend $50 bucks on a U.S. hammer that I may only use once or twice in the years I have left, so be it.

For those that disagree with me, frankly I care less, their problem not mine.

Frankly none of my tools are in any money making enterprise, just for my own use is all. And because of that I see little need for a $50 dead blow hammer, if perchance you see different, I'll be more than willing for you to buy one for me.

I also see little need to impress anyone anymore.

YYMV tho.

We use quiet a few Harbor Freight tools in all our service trucks at the pipeline and excavating company I work for and after 3 years most all of these many times abused tools, are still in there. I think the reasoning for the owner using the cheap tools is that sometimes these tools end up in ditches/mud/water/someone's house/lost

The only ones we've broke were when they were used in some extreme circumstance that they weren't designed for which can lead to death to many tools regardless of make. We also have a bunch of snap on stuff in the garage as well from when the owner started as a mechanic as a teenager. There's a handful of broken snap-on stuff waiting to be swapped out for a new one someday so no they aren't invincible either but yes they are excellent!

I guess what I'm saying is for a home-owner there is zero reason other then personal principles to buy expensive tools. I have spent extra many times for something that I believe to be a superior product (many times USA made)for an application that I feel like it counts (like a snowblower, or washer/dryer for instance) but there's many other times where I've bought the cheapest available because I knew it would serve it's intended purpose just as well.

My deadblow hammer of choice at home is a block of wood hit with a real hammer.

Last edited:
I use some HF tools for my business, mostly hammers, and screw drivers. Like Kory said my reasoning is similar to the owner of the company he works for. If my guys forget a $3 hammer, or a screw driver that I got free with one of their coupons, I don't feel bad about it, and I'm not out much $$. For resetting drywall nails, or removing switch plates HF tools are great.

Originally Posted By: JHZR2
Originally Posted By: Merkava_4
Buy a Trusty-Cook and help put dinner on the table for an American family somewhere...

http://www.trustycook.com/

That looks exactly like the snap-on that I got for free when I made a purchase once.

Originally Posted By: jcwit
For $50 bucks it sure should put dinner on the table.

Im sure youd rather it be a government handout? Or would you prefer the firing squad?

The one i got at Lowe's was made in the USA but that was at least 5 years ago. As it is still only $20 that might have changed like most of the other tools they offer.
At one time most of the cobalt tools were made in the USA also. Then it was Taiwan, then China and lately India, it seems to just go further down hill.

For $30 you can get a good Estwing Made in USA.

http://www.amazon.com/Estwing-CCD45-45-Ounce-Deadblow-14-Inch/dp/B00433SBWE

. delete post answered my own question

but delete button is broken.

Last edited:
re:- jwitt

You are old enough to know that you never argue with a moderator of a forum regardless how he is behaving. You will never win that argument.

Originally Posted By: Vikas
re:- jwitt

You are old enough to know that you never argue with a moderator of a forum regardless how he is behaving. You will never win that argument.

Ya, I know, didn't know he was a mod either.

The 2 of us have 2 completely different outlooks when it comes to buying. I spent too many years as a buyer and Director of Purchasing for the Largest RV manufacturer in the U.S., price was not the object, country of origin was not the object, quality was not the object. Combination of all of the above was the object, and many times that was an important.

When one is buying for a multi billion dollar company, all of the above comes to the forefront.

Take note also, the RV Industry is a non Union Industry, even today.

A dead blow hammer is not rocket science.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: andyd
For stuck wheels, I use an 8' 4x4. Works great.

It does work great for stuck wheels that a dead blow won't budge. I use a landscape timber with a short axel and 2 lawnmower wheels 2ft back from the end, with a handle on top at the other end. You can be outside the car on the opposite side, roll it under the car, and use it as a battering ram to hit the backside of the tire. Home made tool, with a lot of power,that is easy to use without damage, and not have to wield a big ole hammer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back