Valve keeper remover tool

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been planning a valve stem seal replacement for about a year now, and I just bought the valve keeper remover tool. It look like I may have purchased the wrong version (two different sizes). This unit is the larger size meant for valves up to 7mm.

If anyone has used these and knows if this one WILL NOT work on the smaller 5.5mm valves on a Honda K24 engine? I think it would work as a keeper remover, but installing them, I don't know?

That end looks like the install end. If it fits, you can use it to reinstall. For disassembly, all you need is a piece of copper pipe, a magnet, and a mallet to pound on the copper pipe.

I use the OTC Large Valve Compressor and a magnet to extract and then put the keepers back in place and compress while pushing the keepers back down with my finger and once lined up, slowly release and they seat, takes 30 minutes to remove and install that way but, this is with the head removed, I have no idea on doing this with the head on the vehicle, I rather do a full head job then just valve seals.

I will be using rope.
smile.gif

Skid, you take the black part out to remove the keepers, there is a magnet in it that will grab the keepers when smacked.

celica, yeah I would prefer to use a compressor type, but yeah, you can't when the head is in the vehicle... I'm not removing the head, not at this time anyways, maybe in the future for some upgrade, or if the valve guides are worn and not just the seals.

So I think I might just grind down the center spring loaded 'nipple'? to a smaller size that is suitable for 5.5mm valves.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back