Royal Purple Maxclean vs SI-1- Which should I buy?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am going to buy a fuel injector cleaner. Will Maxclean by Royal Purple be more effective than SI-1 from Redline?

If you're looking for PEA try Red Line or Chevron. Other products, if they list it only care very small amounts. It's more expensive than kerosene or similar fillers.

Start with a full bottle and then small doses. Be consistent what ever your schedule might be. At the gas station pour in your dose first, then fill up. Use TT gasoline and frequent busy gas stations where they have lots of turnover and don't top off, first click off and your done.

Gumout all in one is about good option too. With local sales/pricing you cannot afford to double dose the Gumout where you have to single dose the more expensive products.

Other good pea cleaners are crc guaranteed to pass emissions Formula which is loaded as well as 3M fuel system cleaner, both available at local stores around here.

RP was on sale $4 a can at the local autopart store....buy 2 get 1 free Techron at another.....

IMO, all competitor products work equivalently. Redline, Amsoil, RoyalPurple, BG44k, 3m, Wynns, Techron, Vpower, Valvoline, Lubegard, SeaFoam, B12, Regane, Lucas, Neutra, Kreen.... all work well.

If you can see feel that much of a difference, what does that say about the fuel or oil that you use?

Go with the Royal Purple. I bought a number of cans at Oreilly's for about $5 each a while back. Use them every 10k. You can feel an immediate difference. I also wouldn't be against BG44K. I use to use that religiously and still do on occasion, the RP is just cheaper and easier to come by.

I have to use a funnel on both my vehicles. Some may be able to pour it straight in, but every time I try I treat more concrete than engine lol

RP's MaxClean, RL's SI-1, and Techron all have PEA, afaik. Gumout products with Regane in the label do as well if you want something generally cheaper out of pocket.

IIRC, 3M's Fuel System Cleaner (p/n 08814) and Lubegard's Fuel System Booster/Cleaner (p/n 77012) are also detergent/PEA-type.

Currently, I'm about to try some of Valvoline's MaxLife cleaner since it's on sale for $4.99 at AdvanceAuto atm.
21.gif
I think it had some decent PEA/detergent in it's formulation as well and I just got a new guinea pig to try it on. :eek:)

Off-hand, any of those to 'me' and most on this site would probably say are decent options for in-take cleaners. YMMV.

19.gif

EDIT: Oh, yeah. Amsoil's Pi deserves a mention.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back