wax as u dry

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any one use any of these? I am looking for a little protection with minimal work. Is the Eagle 1 product good. Which are the better ones if any

Originally Posted By: raaizin
Any one use any of these? I am looking for a little protection with minimal work. Is the Eagle 1 product good. Which are the better ones if any

It's an EXCELLENT product. A good wax once a year and just use this (and wax as you wash), and it's pretty amazing how long the regular wax lasts. I've tried the competitors and always come back to Eagle 1.

Spray wax lasts about a week. By all means some protection is better then none but wouldn't it be less work to apply a paste wax once every 3-4 months vs a spray wax every other week 3-4 months?

Originally Posted By: 3800Series
Spray wax lasts about a week. By all means some protection is better then none but wouldn't it be less work to apply a paste wax once every 3-4 months vs a spray wax every other week 3-4 months?

I use collinite 476 on my wifes and my car. We have a car used for commuting and my daughters car. It gets a little hard to wax all 4. I am looking for some protection with little effort and this really doesnt take much extra time when drying off. I hope it lasts more than a week though

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: 3800Series

I don't think you understand how this product works. It's not a spray wax. It's actually easier to do than straight drying your car. Yes, (or rather I recommend) you start with a decently waxed surface. Then just wash normal and spritz and water runs off, then quick wipe. Done. Base wax lasts many, many months longer than without.

I used the eagle one a lot after a wash of ice. The eagle one is super easy to use and a little goes a long ways. My truck is in my garage 3/4 of the time so it lasts quite a while for me. I usually clay bar/ wax every other year and use the eagle 1 in between. Still beads the water pretty good.

Just did the truck yesterday. I should have taken some before and after.

I use the Duragloss aqua wax product. Had a bright, kind of bartop quality to it. Very pleased, their rinseless wash already has it in there. Doesn't get any simpler than that.

I thought the Eagle streaked a bit. Might require as much as 2 extra minutes of your time.

I can say wax as u dry works great on a fiberglass sided camper. In fact before i go on road i coat the front without it being wet, and wipe down, makes it easy to rinse the bugs off.
I have been tempted to try Klasse on the whole camper, but not sure its worth the expense and effort.

Tried 6 different wax-as-u-drys. Plan on writing up a comparative review soon. One was disappointing, the others equaled each other and only two stood out. Well actually one. The Turtle Wax Wax-as-u-dry and the other is a spray wax, Meguiars Ultimate Wax.

Both work well on paint, glass and aluminum rims. Both left a super slick surface and both work as great cleaner, especially on glass! They both were the easiest product I found to clean glass. The other products didn't do so well on glass, (dried blotchy) but I didn't knock them since they're not designed primarily for glass.

Turtle Wax can last a week if your car is already waxed. Megs a lasts a bit longer and is even slicker. That was worse case scenario when used on my clear-coated wheels. Many non chrome/aluminum car wheels are clear-coated.

I plan on just primarily using Turtle Wax since they give you so much for cheap. I usually see it for $4 for 26 oz! Meguairs is often $8-$10 for <16 oz. At that price, I can be liberal rather than be stingy. I do plan on keeping a bottle of Megs around though. It's a great product, but I hear of many good things of ICE as well. Again, that is a spray wax and not wax-as-u-dry.

Last edited:
Meguiars Ultimate Wax is the same as Meguiars D156. The only difference is the fragrance.

I pay about $20-$25/gal for Meguiars D156.

Originally Posted By: razel
Tried 6 different wax-as-u-drys. Plan on writing up a comparative review soon. One was disappointing, the others equaled each other and only two stood out. Well actually one. The Turtle Wax Wax-as-u-dry and the other is a spray wax, Meguiars Ultimate Wax.

Both work well on paint, glass and aluminum rims. Both left a super slick surface and both work as great cleaner, especially on glass! They both were the easiest product I found to clean glass. The other products didn't do so well on glass, (dried blotchy) but I didn't knock them since they're not designed primarily for glass.

Turtle Wax can last a week if your car is already waxed. Megs a lasts a bit longer and is even slicker. That was worse case scenario when used on my clear-coated wheels. Many non chrome/aluminum car wheels are clear-coated.

I plan on just primarily using Turtle Wax since they give you so much for cheap. I usually see it for $4 for 26 oz! Meguairs is often $8-$10 for div>

I've used both products for years. The big paste wax job gets done in the fall (if we get a cool-ish day), and again in the spring (ditto). In between I wash the car at the DIY car wash usually every week, use the Turtle or Meguiar's as I dry, and repeat.

Turtle Wax WAUD spray has a plastic scent that reminds me of plastic hobby kits. Meguiar's smells like buttered popcorn.

I have been using WAUD and other QD type products since they were first introduced in auto parts stores or W*M.

And, since ~ 2000, this and any Quick Detail type products is all I use anymore. My car look great! Though, I use WAUD more like a detail instead of putting it on a wet car. Just my preference!

Has anyone used WAUD on the Windshield?

What happens in the Rain?

Does it smear/streak...causing poor visibility?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back