New Car: 2015 Camry

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, spur of the moment thing really, we traded off the Equinox. Was originally gonna keep it, but it just wasn't working for us anymore. Found this Camry and offered a price. Drove it home shortly after. It's an SE 4 cyl with some upgraded features. Haven't got the chance to really try out the sport mode and paddle shifters, but a nice drive through the mountains is in order. Came with 2yr scheduled maintenance, so while it's free I'll let the dealer do the first couple oil changes and then do it myself.

What year Equinox? 4 cyl? Why did you get rid of it?

Nice looking car. Styling is decent and should give you many trouble free miles.

Originally Posted By: wallyuwl
What year Equinox? 4 cyl? Why did you get rid of it?

Nice looking car. Styling is decent and should give you many trouble free miles.

I think in the recent rust thread he said something to the effect of he wouldn't care if the Equinox rotted off a cliff.
grin.gif

Enjoy your new car!

Thanks guys! Yea the Equinox (2008, 3.4 V6) was worth almost as much money as I was going to throw at it in repairs. It's not that I didn't take care of it, but the drive up here from Mississippi done a number on it, and happened all at once. Intake gasket, both rear wheel bearings, EGR Valve, and a couple other things were its nemesis. We were bored of it anyways and it wasn't very fuel efficient driving around here. We were looking at some smaller SUV's, but we spied this thing and fell in love. Took it home for less than 20K, and its been our first new car in the family since 2002.

Last edited:
Nice, if it's anything like my '01 Camry 4cyl, it will barely age given decent care, (decent, no obsessive!) some people think mine is a V6, that's how vibration free and well insulated the engine/greenhouse is, I think Toyota learned A LOT from Lexus in the NVH department in addition to build quality.

Originally Posted By: Delta
Thanks guys! Yea the Equinox (2008, 3.4 V6) was worth almost as much money as I was going to throw at it in repairs. It's not that I didn't take care of it, but the drive up here from Mississippi done a number on it, and happened all at once. Intake gasket, both rear wheel bearings, EGR Valve, and a couple other things were its nemesis. We were bored of it anyways and it wasn't very fuel efficient driving around here. We were looking at some smaller SUV's, but we spied this thing and fell in love. Took it home for less than 20K, and its been our first new car in the family since 2002.

The 2015 re-do is growing on me, good color too, some kind of graphite gray?
anyway, congrats. My mother bought a 1993 Camry xle 4cyl brand new (before I could drive), and abused it for 10 year's and 230,000+ miles (she was in sales), I think the most major thing was a radiator leak at like 200,000 miles.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: zach1900
The 2015 re-do is growing on me, good color too, some kind of graphite gray?
anyway, congrats. My mother bought a 1993 Camry xle 4cyl brand new (before I could drive), and abused it for 10 year's and 230,000+ miles (she was in sales), I think the most major thing was a radiator leak at like 200,000 miles.

Not sure what the color is called, but pretty much yea. We've had Toyota's in the past and always wanted one again. I do like the fact it's not direct injection and has a regular 6 speed automatic.

Originally Posted By: Vikas
less than 20K with or without your trade?

Trade in value was a little lacking, but after rebates and a little rainy day cash it came out in the wash.

I really like the styling on the new Camrys.

The local dealer is advertising new Camry SEs for 19 grand. Great deal on a machine that will last a LONG time for you.

It appears that some people are actually avoiding the purchase of a new car with DI. The Camry 4-cylinder makes a good choice if you plan on keeping the car.

From a long term ownership perspective, the extra expense of maintaining the DI bits and pieces could make it a risky investment.

Simple and time tested is better. Let the early adopters sort out the details.

Originally Posted By: OneEyeJack
It appears that some people are actually avoiding the purchase of a new car with DI. The Camry 4-cylinder makes a good choice if you plan on keeping the car.

From a long term ownership perspective, the extra expense of maintaining the DI bits and pieces could make it a risky investment.

Simple and time tested is better. Let the early adopters sort out the details.

Can you clarify the reasoning of that rant?
Not really OT

Those are great cars! Should last you a long time. Not a fan of the shiny black front end, I see rock chips in the future. Other than that looks like a wonderful car! Congrats!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back