3k miles,98corolla, PYB, 3 months. change it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just put 3,000 miles, over a 3 month period on a 98 corolla.It isparked outside, and subject too bad too extreme too normalweather conditions. It has used 1 quart of makeup oil so far. Looked dipstick yesterday, looks light/medium brown.. Used a fram tough guard filter.
Ide like to do a change.but if itsnot necessary meaning i prob could go 4,000 miles>?Implanningto do it anyway next month. but have that oil change itch today

Last edited:
Also noted, 2 times in 3 months, the dipstick level. were at about half full. looked yesterday, it was full, but went down a quarter of the stick.
it is a lightish brown.Thier is some crud under the oilfill, which ive been systematically cleaning out via 3 mnth oil changes. but thier is visible metal too:)Looks like some crud is in the hard areas, where thiers a corner or thread.
Been using top tier gas. i have noted overtime, using citgo, every 3 months the oil was BLACK n molasses thick. using shell or sunco, the oil stayed brown/black, and not thick.

That's a bit of make up oil. Do you have a leak? I'd scratch that itch by chasing down where the oil is going and seeing if I could fix that.

planning on using last bit of PYB, 10w30,and maybe a gold purolator, classic, or stp filter. IM nota fan anymore of sopus/pennzoil. i had read, january, they built a new tanker, and christianed it after some nazi SS officer. besides Royal shell, though a quality fuel, is an elitist bilderrberg memebr.def dont,wont, support that.

Think i will thanks:) This way, i can use the tough guard a little longer. i was thinking of reusing the filter, for another change interval..but kinda dont want too same time. so another reason, too keepiton and use it more.

Imstill thinking of time vs mileage, short trips ect. thiswinter was harsh..temps of 3 degrees outside, too lower 60;s now, pretty much with same oil, sincecar is parked outside.

yeah decided not too. Might be stuck in bypass,which i dont think it is,or how much crud,fuel could be in it.iwill however...be usingmy oil filter cutter

eh, so will run it at least 4,000 miles then. But that would mean,around june or july,and half a quart more of makeup oil. january -june/july would be ok?
i do alot of stop n go driving.the city here is that congested.never goes over 55 mph.

Originally Posted By: ziggy
planning on using last bit of PYB, 10w30,and maybe a gold purolator, classic, or stp filter. IM nota fan anymore of sopus/pennzoil. i had read, january, they built a new tanker, and christianed it after some nazi SS officer. besides Royal shell, though a quality fuel, is an elitist bilderrberg memebr.def dont,wont, support that.

Please don't spread falsehoods.
Quote:
Shell, which had lobbied for the name to be changed, said in a statement it was “pleased they have decided to change the name of the vessel” and looked forward to working with Allseas.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/feb/06/ship-nazi-war-criminal-rechristened-protests

Shell is not in the Bilderberg group just a few individuals. They are in good company with the likes of Bill Gates and the founder of Amazon.
There is nothing wrong with the group.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Bilderberg_participants#Netherlands_5

Originally Posted By: ARCOgraphite
Go 5k at least. Anything less is absolute waste.
Completely agree. With all that top-off oil you added, should be good for at least 5-6K.

As suggested, check more closely for LEAKS.

Most likely burning the oil. 1998 was part of the oil return hole issue. 1 qt per 3k miles is good for that car. Yes run it 5k easy..heck im sure you can go longer if you wanted. Not sure an HM would do much but maybe worth trying.

Originally Posted By: ziggy

VW's were used in the War against the US. We have one in the garage.
smile.gif

My mom drives a Japanese made Toyota 4runner too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back