Where to buy Phillips 66 Trop Artic ??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Like Conoco-Phillips' products but their retail presence leaves something to be desired. Where to buy Trop Artic? Local Wal Mart no joy.

Many Walmart Stores around the country, still carry the Phillips' 66 T/A but, it's hit or miss! Our local W*M stores haven't carried it in years!

Although, AutoZone's still may carry it!
Last I saw this oil was at the Dollar Store/Dollar General/Dollar Tree(IDK which) several years ago!

How about MotorCraft or Kendall GT-1??? Easier to obtain and, both at a decent price with similar additive pkg's. The GT-1(I believe) has Titanium!
smile.gif

And yes, I realize that you know this! ^^^
wink.gif

Last edited:
Dollar Tree had it in 2005 or so. Haven't seen any oil in their stores in years -- and haven't seen Trop Artic at all. I don't think we even have any Phillips 66 stations here.

Originally Posted By: Benzadmiral
Dollar Tree had it in 2005 or so. Haven't seen any oil in their stores in years -- and haven't seen Trop Artic at all. I don't think we even have any Phillips 66 stations here.

I know right!
laugh.gif

Our store was 2/$1 at that time! Amazing!

Last I saw this oil was at the Dollar Store/Dollar General/Dollar Tree(IDK which) several years ago!

Sams In MN as well but not all stores( in Bloomington)..12 qrt case 20 something dollars.. [censored] if it was full syn I would buy it in a heartbeat!

Orscheln seems to be the go to here. Keep in mind, Union 76 synblend is identical to Trop Artic too. (Seems to be a Californa brew though.)

Oreillys has it, but it needs to be ordered and isnt worth the price. I can get it locally though an oil distributor that caters to shops and farms, but it comes out to around $5 a quart when ordered by the case.

As already posted, hit your local Orscheln store. Your location says that you are in the Midwest, so perhaps you have one locally. Most Sams Club stores carry it, at least in the Midwest. Most Midwest WalMart stores used to carry this oil, but I guess Conoco-Phillips wouldn't pay WM for their shelf space, or the average WM shopper just didn't realize how good this budget-priced oil really is. I do know of one WalMart store in Lincoln, Nebraska that regularly carries TropArtic oil, but I suspect they only carry it because there is a Sams Club right next door to them. I've already walked into this store and had them price-match the Orscheln $1.99/quart sale price.
One more thing: Orscheln will also give a senior citizen, a military and an FFA-member discount, IIRC 5%.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Kruse
As already posted, hit your local Orscheln store.

How the heck do you say that word anyway? o-r-s-h-e-l-n ?

Doesn't seem like a word that you could say very quickly. It's gonna take some time to say that one. Not user friendly.

Originally Posted By: Merkava_4

How the heck do you say that word anyway? o-r-s-h-e-l-n ?

Doesn't seem like a word that you could say very quickly. It's gonna take some time to say that one. Not user friendly.

My wife and I have commented many times about how hard it is to say and remember. Initially, it was also hard to remember the spelling when you wrote out the check. The chain used to be called Wheelers. (Simple to remember and easy to spell!) Then they went to Quality. I seem to remember them being called something else for a year or two before before they really got on good financial ground. They recently bought out all the warehousing and distribution of the former Alco chain.
It's pronounced: Or-She-Lynne. However, some people say it with three syllables and some pronounce it fast with only two.

Looking for it for my son to use in the old Ford Escape he has as an alternative Kendall GT-1 blend which has disappeared from retail shelves here. I just put the Motorcraft blend in my Forester, but he's on a budget and Trop would be better for his wallet.

Originally Posted By: LoneRanger
Looking for it for my son to use in the old Ford Escape he has as an alternative Kendall GT-1 blend which has disappeared from retail shelves here. I just put the Motorcraft blend in my Forester, but he's on a budget and Trop would be better for his wallet.

You probably already know this but if you take the add pack from motorcraft and mix it with the base oil from Kendall GT1, you get trop artic! It is a good oil.

Originally Posted By: Kruse

My wife and I have commented many times about how hard it is to say and remember. Initially, it was also hard to remember the spelling when you wrote out the check. The chain used to be called Wheelers. (Simple to remember and easy to spell!) Then they went to Quality. I seem to remember them being called something else for a year or two before before they really got on good financial ground. They recently bought out all the warehousing and distribution of the former Alco chain.
It's pronounced: Or-She-Lynne. However, some people say it with three syllables and some pronounce it fast with only two.

They used to be called quality as in Quality Farm and Fleet?

If so, we had those stores locally here in the mid to late 90's until they were bought out by Tractor Supply.

Originally Posted By: MrQuackers
I found this at Winco. Are these cousins?

2a5xh83.jpg

$2.98 a quart

hmmm, I don't know the 66 Super Motor Oil, but the 76 Super is basically the same as Trop Artic, and is an excellent sleeper oil. High quality syn-blend for the price of a low cost conventional, that's a solid deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back