Petroleum Exploration in Deep Basins

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pre-Sal (pre-salt) is a shallower exploration, and it will make petrol regorgitations here. Been explored already.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: bvance554
Originally Posted By: Pontual
Pre-Sal (pre-salt)

Too lazy to add the 't' to pre-sal?

Before you pick on his English, how good is your Spanish?

Perhaps that's how it's pronounced in Brazil...perhaps it's an abbreviation for "pre-salinization"....

Last edited:
Pre-Sal (pre-salt)

http://pt.wikipedia.org/wiki/Camada_pr%C3%A9-sal

Originally Posted By: Wikipedia

Em geologia, camada pré-sal refere-se a um tipo de rochas sob a crosta terrestre formadas exclusivamente de sal petrificado, depositado sob outras lâminas menos densas do fundo dos oceanos e que formam a crosta oceânica. Entre a costa ocidental da África e a oriental da América do Sul conta um depósito de matéria orgânica que viria se acumulando ao longo de milhões de anos sob o sal prensado por pesadas lâminas, transformando-se em petróleo. Ainda, segundo os geólogos brasileiros, essa camada mais antiga de sal foi depositada durante o processo de abertura do oceano Atlântico, após a quebra do Gonduana (supercontinente,que teoricamente afundou formando a junção oceânica das placas americanas e africanas respectivamente) e suposto afastamento entre a América do Sul e a África, processo iniciado há cerca de 120 milhões de anos. As camadas mais recentes de sal foram depositadas durante a última fase de mar raso e de clima semiárido a árido.

translates to:

Originally Posted By: Wikipedia
In geology , pre-salt refers to a type of rocks in the Earth's crust formed exclusively petrified salt deposited as other less dense strip of the ocean bottom and forming the oceanic crust . Between the west coast of Africa and eastern South America has a deposit organic matter that would accumulate over millions of years under the salt pressed by heavy blades, turning into oil. Still, according to the Brazilian geologists, this older layer of salt was deposited during the process of opening the Atlantic Ocean , after the collapse of Gondwana ( the supercontinent , which theoretically sank forming the oceanic junction of American and African plates respectively) and supposed gap between to South America and Africa , process started some 120 million years. The most recent layers of salt were deposited during the last phase of shallow sea and semi-arid climate to arid .

i support these exploration efforts and hope we can make them work....

thanks for posting this article as i enjoy reading all i can about this field..

Pre-Sal (pre-salt)

NO

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Astro14
Pre-Sal (pre-salt)

Before you pick on his English, how good is your Spanish?

Perhaps that's how it's pronounced in Brazil...perhaps it's an abbreviation for "pre-salinization"....

Thanks for the wikipedia definitions. It was a joke. Pre-sal (pre-salt).... nevermind. I knew what he meant. Holy cow.

Since some feel the need to edify, Portuguese is the native language in Brasil, not Spanish,

Last edited:
Portuguese is the native language in Brasil, not Spanish

Given your racist hit in the first place re lazy, I am so ROFLing at the moment.

Thanks for your thought, Shannow, I got a fair quote of flakes in these international forums, but I come along with fine guys like you. You're those who make the future of world better to our kids.

Last edited:
Pre-Sal (pre-salt) is a shallower exploration, and it will make petrol regorgitations here. Been explored already.

Maybe in SA and the North Sea, but apparently not in China.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back