Klondike Oil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone use this or hear anything about them. I see napa carries it for $31 for 5 litres.

Hear is the PDS I plan on 8000-10000km (5000-6500 miles) any thoughts?

http://klondikelubricants.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/KLONDIKE-API-SNGF-5-dexos1%C2%AE-Full-Synthetic-Multi-Grade-Engine-Oils-PDS.pdf

Last edited:
Well respected in industrial applications especially where unusual cold temps are experienced ... basically northern areas of a province in Western Canada, Yukon, NWT, Nunavit. Also well respected in agriculture, mining, forestry, road building equipment.

I've worked in Northern Saskatchewan where January and February morning temperatures range down to -45C (-52F) and occasionally lower. Yes, we work in those temps outside. Steel parts snap like plastic, plastic explodes like glass. When you do a repair, it's important the lube allows you to startup again four hours later.

Where some places a shutdown causes loss of money and time, up north you have situations where if a critical machine shuts down for 20 minutes, or you can't start the backup generator to keep the heat tape inside you water lines going, you may as well go home till spring. And no, we've never had to go home till spring, with the sound of toilets exploding behind you as you drive away.

Light-Duty Diesel vehicles are simply never shut down, idling away while the driver sleeps, but you can't do that with a gas motor and expect it to live past 60,000 miles, so it has to be able to start.

Quality does not seem to be an issue; just make sure the application is appropriate.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Johnny2Bad
Well respected in industrial applications especially where unusual cold temps are experienced ... basically northern areas of a province in Western Canada, Yukon, NWT, Nunavit. Also well respected in agriculture, mining, forestry, road building equipment.

I've worked in Northern Saskatchewan where January and February morning temperatures range down to -45C (-52F) and occasionally lower. Yes, we work in those temps outside. Steel parts snap like plastic, plastic explodes like glass. When you do a repair, it's important the lube allows you to startup again four hours later.

Where some places a shutdown causes loss of money and time, up north you have situations where if a critical machine shuts down for 20 minutes, or you can't start the backup generator to keep the heat tape inside you water lines going, you may as well go home till spring. And no, we've never had to go home till spring, with the sound of toilets exploding behind you as you drive away.

Light-Duty Diesel vehicles are simply never shut down, idling away while the driver sleeps, but you can't do that with a gas motor and expect it to live past 60,000 miles, so it has to be able to start.

Quality does not seem to be an issue; just make sure the application is appropriate.

Thanks for he insight. I bought there full synthetic 5w20. sounds like they put out quality products

I've seen then at Napa. Inexpensive for hdeo syns. I haven't tried any out yet. They carry real certs iirc so they should perform as well as any other certified products.

Yes they appear to formulate decent oil.
I do like their very comprehensive PDS info. How often do you see HTHSV given at 100C? Rarely.

I do prefer the spec's of the majors such as Mobil and Pennzoil which usually are cheaper on sale. Their 5W-20 is on the heavy side for the grade, on par with M1 but with a somewhat lower VI.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back