Fram Ultra XG4967 Cut Open

Status
Not open for further replies.
2006 scion Xa
5,000 mile OCA with Castrol Edge black bottle.

Nothing out of the ordinary especially since this filter could go alot longer.

Nice, the filter media condition clearly shows that it can be used for 2-3 OCI's of 5k miles.

You have a very nice filter cutter too.

I work at a Caterpillar dealer and that's the filter cutter Cat sells. You can get then from you locaL Caterpillar dealer.

The cutter isn't motorized? That's too difficult. The adbv seals to the solid steel end cap, and the bypass valve seals in what looks like a rubbery material on the inner circle of the other end cap? If so, that is good construction IMO. I have this same one ready to use on the Toyota Prius, usually I use the longer variation, but no worries here. I wonder why they make so many holes on the inlet of this small filter, yet on some of the larger filters they put fewer holes? Glad to see one cut and good pics posted.
Actually I just looked inside my same filter, and the bypass valve is surrounded by a ring of the rubbery material. I thought it was glue, but now see it is the end cap design. That's a good seal.

My Civic & my daughter's RSX both take the XG7317. It has a lot of holes like this one. I cut it open and it looked great, just like this one. Thanks for the cut & pics.

Awesome looking filter. That's why I have been using Fram ultra ever since they first came out years ago. Good job with the cut and pics
smile.gif

Thanks for posting! That's the same filter the tc uses and its not too often I see them cut open as most Toyotas use a slightly larger filter. How much does that filter cutter cost?

What you dont see are all the tears hidden under that thick coat of residual oil. Just kidding, good looking filter OP!

And I definetely want to pick up one of those filter cutters!

Originally Posted By: jk_636

Only if you can provide a current & valid filter cutter certificate!
grin.gif

Originally Posted By: ZeeOSix
Originally Posted By: jk_636

Only if you can provide a current & valid filter cutter certificate!
grin.gif

Im still waiting on you to get a hold of the captain and let me know when the next class is being held!!

Sorry OP, Ill stop before this thread goes
32.gif

^Count me in if it includes free food.

Filter does look good, but I agree on it having a lot of life left yet.

Purrrrfect!

Exactly how a filter should be made!!

Wire backed media doesn't depend on plenty/even pleating for strength/integrity. However the FU does it perfectly anyways!

This is the standard by which all filters should be judged.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back