Any Penrite UOA's?

Status
Not open for further replies.
While there was one recently - am interested to know if any other UOA's have been done of any of the Penrite oils - mainly now because I'm interested in knowing how it holds up (My Indy used it...).

Note:
I will post some two UOA's of the oil I am running, the "Synthetic HPR10" product, a 10w50. One halfway through the BMW self-set interval (a maximum of 7500 miles on my car), and one at the oil change.

been lookin at Penrite oils but hard to get + costly in usa. summitracing search shows them but no oil is available. some Victory motorcycle owners have started using the 10tenths product a group IV + V oil where as the HPR is a group highly refined Dino legally "synthetic". gotta give Penrite a thumbs up as they say when better base oils are used not hiding behind the "PROPRIETY" thing!!!!

Originally Posted By: benjy
been lookin at Penrite oils but hard to get + costly in usa. summitracing search shows them but no oil is available. some Victory motorcycle owners have started using the 10tenths product a group IV + V oil where as the HPR is a group highly refined Dino legally "synthetic". gotta give Penrite a thumbs up as they say when better base oils are used not hiding behind the "PROPRIETY" thing!!!!

I appreciate their transparency, at least in regard to their Ingredients and Base-Stocks. It does make choosing a product much easier. I would probably go for the Group 4/5 product at the next interval, although I'll have to see how this one in particular holds up...

What I don't appreciate is some of their (silly) marketing about thicker being better, and the zinc additive they heavily add to their oils - Including many of their oils intended for late model vehicles. Still - Zinc is good, and provided you car isn't a burner, you should be okay.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back