Fuchs Titan SuperSyn 5w40

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ndx

Hi Guys,

Are there any users here ... at 32$ for 5 liters this is super B price for in Canada / ON

A40 approved oil .. and other MB/BMW approvals as well

How those this stack against M1 0w40 36$ for 5 Liters ( Canada / ON )

I will buy a bottle and run it Crossfire and run a VOA.

Cheers

Originally Posted By: Ndx
Hi Guys,

Are there any users here ... at 32$ for 5 liters this is super B price for in Canada / ON

A40 approved oil .. and other MB/BMW approvals as well

How those this stack against M1 0w40 36$ for 5 Liters ( Canada / ON )

I will buy a bottle and run it Crossfire and run a VOA.

Cheers

I've read that Porsche says any oil that is certified by them is equal to any other certified oil.
So if that A40 is a genuine cert then yes it's as good as any other,including M1.
That's a fantastic price for a certified product.

This is good oil and very well priced. Titan SuperSyn LongLife 5w-40 It's service fill at the local Mercedes-Benz dealer.

Thx guys, What about this being low, medium, full saps ... Its driving on Canadian Gas...

Thx guys, What about this being low, medium, full saps ... Its driving on Canadian Gas...

It is the general consensus among most German brands operating in North America that pretty much any gasoline engine should use the full-SAPS spec'd oil (i.e. MB 229.5, BMW LL-01, Porsche A40, VW 502/505), whereas diesel engines should use a low-SAPS oil (MB 229.51/229.52, BMW LL-04, Porsche C30, VW 504/507, etc).

However, when the gasoline engines in question feature direct injection, the jury is still out on that one
wink.gif

Originally Posted By: CATERHAM
I thought an A5/B5 5W-30 was spec'd for the Crossfire?

Crossfire calls for 0w40 ( sticker under hood)
Cayenne Calls for A40

So Fuchs vs Mobil 1 0w40

An yes Cayenne is DI engine

Originally Posted By: il_signore97

It is the general consensus among most German brands operating in North America that pretty much any gasoline engine should use the full-SAPS spec'd oil (i.e. MB 229.5, BMW LL-01, Porsche A40, VW 502/505), whereas diesel engines should use a low-SAPS oil (MB 229.51/229.52, BMW LL-04, Porsche C30, VW 504/507, etc).

However, when the gasoline engines in question feature direct injection, the jury is still out on that one
wink.gif

Really? VW 505 is a diesel spec, thus conflicts with your generalization of german diesels must use Low-SAPS.

Low-SAPS is a must for diesels that uses DPF and Urea Injection.

Fuchs SuperSyn 5w40, they don't give too much info, so I would assume it's full-SAPS.

Originally Posted By: UG_Passat

wink.gif

Really? VW 505 is a diesel spec, thus conflicts with your generalization of german diesels must use Low-SAPS.

Low-SAPS is a must for diesels that uses DPF and Urea Injection.

Yes, you're right, although the the point of my post above was not to discuss which oils are applicable for German diesels, but rather provide relevant information to the OP.

As per the OP's question, it was more to illustrate that his GASOLINE engined Porsche operating in North America should be using a full-SAPS oil (A40) rather than a low-SAPS oil (C30), more COMMONLY reserved for MODERN diesels WITH a DPF. Obviously, pre-DPF diesels can operate on oils with any level of SAPS, just as gasoline engines always have.

Also, to add to the above, I wanted to make the point that in North America, most Euro gasoline vehicles are spec'd for full-SAPS oil, whereas in Europe (where ultra low sulphur gasoline is available), the lower SAPS oils are often considered interchangeable with full-SAPS oils in gasoline engines, contrary to common practise here in NA.

MB is one notable exception as they are fairly clear on only using 229.5 in gas engines throughout the world.

VW502.00 specification through the years evolved from full-saps 5w40 to mid-saps (with flexibility in the oil weight).

technically according to ACEA, VW504/507 isn't considered to be a Low-SAPS oil. .6 is their cutoff for Low-SAPs, versus .8 on VW504/507

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: UG_Passat
VW502.00 specification through the years evolved from full-saps 5w40 to mid-saps (with flexibility in the oil weight).

How has it evolved? AFAIK, the requirement has always been SA level of 1.5% max and minimum TBN of 7.

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete

How has it evolved? AFAIK, the requirement has always been SA level of 1.5% max and minimum TBN of 7.

I have the same info... 1.5 max (also as per ACEA A3 requirements, which VW 502 is based upon).

Since the advent of ACEA Cx oils, ACEA has upped the minimum TBN to 8.0 under the A3/B4-10 revision. This effectively creates a lower limit of SAPS by specifying a minimum TBN, and also serves to make ACEA Cx oils and Ax oils mutually exclusive.

Thus, to have a TBN of 8 or more, it is not likely that you'd have an ash content of .8 or below. Also, since VW 502 follows A3/B4 sequences, it follows that all VW 502 oils must have some minimum ash level in order to meet the minimum TBN requirement of the ACEA A3 sequence.

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete

I have the same info... 1.5 max (also as per ACEA A3 requirements, which VW 502 is based upon).

Since the advent of ACEA Cx oils, ACEA has upped the minimum TBN to 8.0 under the A3/B4-10 revision. This effectively creates a lower limit of SAPS by specifying a minimum TBN, and also serves to make ACEA Cx oils and Ax oils mutually exclusive.

Thus, to have a TBN of 8 or more, it is not likely that you'd have an ash content of .8 or below. Also, since VW 502 follows A3/B4 sequences, it follows that all VW 502 oils must have some minimum ash level in order to meet the minimum TBN requirement of the ACEA A3 sequence.

Its been changed to min. TBN of 10 for A3/B4 with ash content between 1 and 1.6% in 2012 revision.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back