Another fun Purolator thread with pic!

Status
Not open for further replies.
rmmhol.jpg

Was at kmart today and found 10 Purolator classics inside every Purolator synthetic box on the shelf except for the one really big size.

I opened them all up and removed them.

Someone got $100 worth of filters for $30; that would be a fun crime to go to jail for!

I guess this doesn't just happen at Walmart.

Oh no! I hate people that do that. This is why I check all products (air filters, oil filters, etc.) before I purchase them. I even check the oil to make sure that the seal is intact!

The good news is that there are plenty of good filters left behind that they may cut you a sweet deal on!
wink.gif

Last edited:
Thieves.

They think it's okay because it's hard for them to visualize KMart or Walmart as the victim.

I owned a small business for a while and you'd be surprised how people will steal, given the opportunity, and feel just fine about it.

K Mart/Sears, about the same as Fiat/Chrysler. In the eighties, I purchased most of my oil and filters at K Mart. Then K Mart opened a super center and things were never the same. Isles were always filled with seasonal products but shelf items were often missing and not replenished for months on end. Then Penske everything showed up in the auto section. About that time, Checkers opened a store and I started buying auto supplies there. Prices were higher but so was the merchandise quality. I haven't been in a K Mart in years. We have a local Sears Hometown Store where I buy a few items. Most of my car items now come from(I can hardly get it out) Walmart and on line vendors. No use going to our new Auto Zone because no one there knows squat about anything but BSing>

Walmart often doesn't have what I'm looking for. Kmart is gonzo. Walmart is good for cheap alternatives, but if I want a particular oil or filter I purchase them online.

California is so screwed up, the state taxes local stores for inventory, so most don't have much, forcing online purchases. Then the state wants to tax online purchases it has nothing to do with, and in fact drives the online business with their inane policies. The weather here is great, the politics, not so much.

They have plenty of oil at this Kmart, but the filter selection is very small, currently only limited to Purolator Classics, PureOnes, and Synthetics, but only very few of each.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back