toyota oem filters - 10k change ??

Status
Not open for further replies.
depending on the condition of your engine, I don't see how the filter is not up to 10k OCI...is the ADBV silicone? if so, I don't see why not.

Originally Posted By: edwardh1
mild climate, simple dino oil changed every 5000, so is 10000 ok on the toyota or denso filters?
switch to a Fram Ultra filter...a much superior filter... Which can easily do two 5000! Oci's

Can be bought at Walmart.

Depends on the engine. Some Toyotas load the filter.

No fancy filter needed. Just change it every oil change.

Its engine and vehicle driving style dependent.

My Lexus LS400(Toyota anywhere else) has 12 month FCI(filter change interval). I reuse filter with dino oil with 6 month OCI up to 8-9k miles. With syn oil the OCI is 1 year up to 18-20k miles, so I change oil filter whenever I change syn oil.

Any oil filter, even low end, has capacity of 6-8 grams or much more. If your engine generates that much metals in less than 20k miles it is in dying stage.

I'd run it without hesitation. I ran 5k in my RAV4 and dissected the filter, looked barely even dirty. Ran 8k+ in my Prius, also looked fine.

Originally Posted By: MoreCowbellAz
I'd run it without hesitation. I ran 5k in my RAV4 and dissected the filter, looked barely even dirty. Ran 8k+ in my Prius, also looked fine.

same here. 5000 mile filter on dino oil looked fine (RAV4), 10000 mile on synth oil looked fine (prius), and soon will have pictures of 20,000 mile OEM filter (prius).

Does it take the cartridge or a spin on? From what I can see with my moms truck, an ultra isn't made for her application.

The OEM will do fine. Depending on the year of the vehicle, it should call for 10k intervals with a 0w20.

Last edited:
That cartridge filter will do fine. It's well built and the other variables that matter are consistent and perfect inside the housing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back