How about a Truck/Modified/muscle car section?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ls1mike

$50 Site Donor 2024
Just an idea for those who don't want to read about trucks and such. I sometimes want to talk about my truck without someone telling me I don't need it.
smile.gif

Every other post will consist of:

1. You don't need your truck.
2. Your modifications are destroying the environment/the factory did the best job ev@r!!!!!
3. Your muscle car is destroying the environment.

It sounds like something that would be busy forum.
Like you said the only drawback with the guys that hate anything thats more than a lawn mower with seats thats used for daily transportation and by one person no less.

Originally Posted By: ls1mike
I sometimes want to talk about my truck without someone telling me I don't need it.
smile.gif

I don't think a separate forum will prevent that.

Originally Posted By: Joe_Power
How about - No....

there are dozens of other forums that cater to that.

Fair enough, but I would like to talk to some folks here about that stuff that is not brand specific.

Last edited:
I agree with you Mike...there are people here who would agree with you, and are not "riceboys"...

Seen some very tastefully modded cars here (MCompact comes to mind), and think folks will be fine with it. Most folks who do mod here are either old school (classics) or go fast anyways..

Some of us like to enjoy our cars more than others...
19.gif

How about - No....

So we have a computer section on an oil site- so your point is?

People can have an opinion, but honestly-who cares?
21.gif

Originally Posted By: Trav
It sounds like something that would be busy forum.
Like you said the only drawback with the guys that hate anything thats more than a lawn mower with seats thats used for daily transportation and by one person no less.

Three words :Forget the haters....people get butthurt all the time around here anyways....people who don't like it just won't be active in that forum anyways....

you know what they say- haters goin' hate...
wink.gif

Just an idea for those who don't want to read about trucks and such. I sometimes want to talk about my truck without someone telling me I don't need it.
smile.gif

It's a GREAT idea and could be fun. No reason it can't be managed...

Originally Posted By: SteveSRT8
smile.gif

It's a GREAT idea and could be fun. No reason it can't be managed...

+1

Originally Posted By: daves87rs
How about - No....

21.gif

Like you said, people can have an opinion. That's mine. I also think there shouldn't be a computer section on here either. That's my opinion, too. 😘

How about - No....

21.gif

Like you said, people can have an opinion. That's mine. I also think there shouldn't be a computer section on here either. That's my opinion, too. 😘

Fair point!

Three words :Forget the haters....people get butthurt all the time around here anyways....

God isn't that the truth. I'm all for that kind of section. I enjoy reading all sorts of things.

This section is needed as we all dont just drive our vehicles to the grocery store and back home
wink.gif

Some do like driving a 1/4 mile at a time.
19.gif

I once made the suggestion that it would be nice to have a specific section for classic/vintage vehicles and their maintenance issues. I couldn't believe the amount of negative comments I got just for making that suggestion.

I think your idea is solid, Mike. Although there is a racing oil/team forum, is doesn't cater as much to grassroots racers and grassroots mods as maybe it should. Have you approached the administrators about it? I myself am not a modder/racer, but it's neat to see what people are doing in that respect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back