Service Pro #4622 2013 Versa ? Miles (CUT OPEN)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Forgot I had this one. Service Champ #4622 from 2013 Versa unknown miles and oil. Metal crimp piece like Puro, unknown who makes this. Any ideas??

of4o50.jpg

23iyyid.jpg

xpaemh.jpg

20qyr9d.jpg

Looks good. Notice how tight the pleats are near the metal seam. That's how they should be.

Glue glob not hurting anything unless it was on the inside center tube area and broke off and went down into the engine. I always look down the center tube of new filters before I buy them to make sure there is no excess glue globs on the inside center tube that could dislodge and go into the engine.

Originally Posted By: ZeeOSix
Looks good. Notice how tight the pleats are near the metal seam. That's how they should be.

Bingo. And for that I give this filter a A+.

x2. What he said ^

1st photo isn't the bypass spring, but rather the spring that goes between the dome end of the can and the filter end cap to hold everything tight inside the can.

Must be a Chinese filter of some sort, maybe by the same people that make the Driveworks for AAP. They are the only ones using coil springs on jobber level filters that I know of, except Wix, and this isn't a Wix.

Originally Posted By: KCJeep
Must be a Chinese filter of some sort, maybe by the same people that make the Driveworks for AAP. They are the only ones using coil springs on jobber level filters that I know of, except Wix, and this isn't a Wix.

This. The Chinese made filters generally seem to prefer the use of coil retainer springs and is a tell tale sign. Had forgotten that Clarcor/Baldwin/Hastings uses them too until a recent post. But this has circular holes in center tube, C/B/H use slotted.

Originally Posted By: webfors

Bingo. And for that I give this filter a A+.

+2

Originally Posted By: jk_636

x2. What he said ^

x3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back