Factoy Ford EDGE filter 16k (CUT OPEN)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello folks and here is a 2014 Ford Edge factory filter, crosses to a FL 500S filter also. Girls, work friend had oil changed 2 times and guess the places never changed the filter. I put some oil from the stash of mine and a Fram TG she provided. This is made by champion labs I believe also.

bf25jn.jpg

zwku2o.jpg

oieut5.jpg

3026mgn.jpg

2eoxpp2.jpg

it looks pretty darned good for 16,000 miles of use. At least the numb skulls changed her oil.

Yeah, its going to be under my care now
smile.gif
. Yeah, I would say she got her moneys worth out of the filter, and I honestly wonder if it could have went 20k LOL
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: car51
Yes sir it IS the factory filter.

How hard was it to get off?

Yeah, its going to be under my care now
smile.gif
. Yeah, I would say she got her moneys worth out of the filter, and I honestly wonder if it could have went 20k LOL
smile.gif

That's why I do 20K oil filter changes, but with 3 OCI's.

A clean engine, the filter won't get clogged.

Filter did great. You should add this to the other thread though, the oil change scam thread, it fits right in! Nice catch car51.

Thanks for cutting and posting.

.... Girls, work friend had oil changed 2 times and guess the places never changed the filter....

Time to ditch those places. SMH Not huge deal here but under vehicle warranty not a good practice.

Wonder if she paid for a filter in those services, and they documented it on the receipt/invoice? Also wonder how much oil they said they put in.

Yep, Champ made. Unique circular 4 tab retainer spring. On the STP filters that also functions as weird clicker type bypass with holes also in dome endcap. Though not shown here this would have Champ thread end bypass.

Thanks for pics.

Sayjac; she went to the places and said "I need a oil&filter change". Hopefully she won't go back and bring it to me.

I would be very unhappy that they didnt change the filter, but man did it hold up well! That is one good looking filter for 16k+ miles. Thanks for the continued pics Car51

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back