Error message.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is anyone receiving an error message on their Web browser that states they must install an update to the media player to continue?

It's an attack on your system and the message is a nuisance. You've got to kill it any time you see it.

Originally Posted By: OneEyeJack
Is anyone receiving an error message on their Web browser that states they must install an update to the media player to continue?

Nope. My anti-virus must be working as designed.

Originally Posted By: OneEyeJack

It's an attack on your system and the message is a nuisance. You've got to kill it any time you see it.

if its windoze xp you can get a ton of computer herpes just going to a site.. dont even need to click. This can even be on legitimate sites.. google malvertising

If you are still using IE that could be your problem as well.

Remove the bad stuff from your computer and use a good browser with adblock plus.

if you need assistance removing.. start with eset online scan.. make sure PUP is checked (probably unwanted programs)

Last edited:
what web browser and version. Moreover what operating system.

I'll go on a limb and say Win XP running IE8 (the 84 Honda is my hint). Also what web page does this happen on? A specific one or google.com for example?

Originally Posted By: rjundi
what web browser and version. Moreover what operating system.

I'll go on a limb and say Win XP running IE8 (the 84 Honda is my hint). Also what web page does this happen on? A specific one or google.com for example?

Windows 7 with the latest update of Chrome. It appears to happen when I hit a site that's co-located, that is when you trace it you don't always get the same source location using the same URL, like a production site or a social media site. I've quarantined it and looked at what it's setup to do. If activated, that is installed, it looks like it sends keystrokes to a ghost somewhere that I could not decode (no key), sort of like a surveillance program some agency would use to monitor individuals.

I've heard the rumor that someone out there is using IE but I've never met that person.

What does the Honda have to do with it. Am I stupid because I drive an older car? Or am I just not as smart as you? Are you under 30? After all the car is 31 years old. People did drive cars back then, honest. And people that long ago were not all stupid.

I got the first hit when publishing and update for a Ruby-on-Rails app that has been in production for a couple of years and is co-located at 12 sites.

My real interest was if any BITOG members have seen it. My description was pretty generic because it comes in several forms. Once installed the user notices nothing. And after testing it, you have to manually uninstall it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back