Watch out in Durham,NC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man-Tobacco Road has a lot of STUPID truck drivers!! There is one by my old grade school that is only 10'6"-has 2 CSX tracks up top, it's whacked it's share of truck boxes too (Madison Rd. in Madisonville/eastern Cincinnati).

Laugh, after many many complaints, the city checked the height of the bridge.

Thanks to repaving, it is now 11 foot 2 inches at its lowest point...

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: bullwinkle
Man-Tobacco Road has a lot of STUPID truck drivers!! There is one by my old grade school that is only 10'6"-has 2 CSX tracks up top, it's whacked it's share of truck boxes too (Madison Rd. in Madisonville/eastern Cincinnati).

I drive under that bridge daily to and from work. Definitely a low one......

Any truck hitting a CORRECTLY MARKED bridge (hit a 13'7" marked bridge in a 13'6" truck, that's not the driver's fault) should result in the driver being fined a gargantuan amount of money ($100,000 on the low end) and have his licence revoked.

Originally Posted By: linkbelt
That is really a very well constructed bridge!

Almost makes me think that whomever designed and built it KNEW it would be hit often.
45.gif

Originally Posted By: kmcavin
That one truck needs to be renamed "Two men and most of a truck".

and they're a moving company.... i feel sorry for the poor Schmuck whose stuff was in there...

and the Rental Ryder & Penske trucks...hope y'all bought the Insurance....!

crackmeup2.gif
Great music, a bridge named Rocky kicking butt and taking names.

Lesson, if you rent, own, drive a truck, bus or pull a trailer you better know and be aware of it's height.

Thanks for the ha ha.

Originally Posted By: sayjac
crackmeup2.gif

Lesson, if you rent, own, drive a truck, bus or pull a trailer you better know and be aware of it's height.

Thanks for the ha ha.

Very true I know my travel trailers height, with a/c its a bit over 9.5 ft. i assume 10ft.

How many of you know your travel trailers height?

Originally Posted By: antiqueshell
Originally Posted By: linkbelt
That is really a very well constructed bridge!

Almost makes me think that whomever designed and built it KNEW it would be hit often.
45.gif

Check out the www.11foot8.com web site for the back story. In short, the railroad that owns the bridge installed a crash beam in front of the bridge to protect it. Raising the bridge would require extensive re-grading of many rail lines. Lowering the road would require re-placement of a sewer main. All was built before minimum height requirements were in place. Nobody can afford to / desires to pay for the changes. And the beat goes on....

Originally Posted By: spasm3
Originally Posted By: sayjac
crackmeup2.gif

Thanks for the ha ha.

Very true I know my travel trailers height, with a/c its a bit over 9.5 ft. i assume 10ft.

How many of you know your travel trailers height?

My last TT was lower than any bridge I have seen. My Genesis is not quite 11'6" at the A/C covers, 11' with the airbags dropped.

crackmeup2.gif

TOO FUNNY! the irony of the music.
We have a bridge like that here too. Railroad bridge too.
Trucks are always getting stuck under it. Cant cure stupid.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: chiefsfan1
crackmeup2.gif

TOO FUNNY! the irony of the music.
Cant cure stupid.

Might not cure it, but, that bridge is offering some treatment for it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back