WeatherTech car mats-proper care?

Status
Not open for further replies.
1st set, for my 'new' 2007 Mazda 3. WHat does everyone clean then with. WeatherTech sells some pretty pricy stuff. Mine are black, if it makes a difference.

I do not have weathertechs but I thought I would at least tell you what I have found works easy and cheap. As long as you don't spill crazy sticky stuff on them I've always had extremely good luck with just hanging them and pressure washing them with the soap setting at the self wash. Followed by a good coating of 303 aerospace protect to keep them mint and let future spills wash off even easier on 24 year old OEM winter mats; they are very clean and crisp for the age.

Last edited:
Simple Green works very well for this!

Mist your mats with water, spray simple green, scrub with a brush

Rinse off

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: thescreensavers
Simple Green works very well for this!

Mist your mats with water, spray simple green, scrub with a brush

Rinse off

+1

Don't use Meguiar's interior detailer...trust me

I use dish washing soap, hot water, and a scrub brush on my WeatherTechs. They look brand new when I'm done cleaning.

After ya clean them with whichever product, give them a coating of a protectant such as 303's. I just did my spring cleaning and used TechCare's Floorliner & Floormat Protector on mine.

Originally Posted By: wwillson
I use dish washing soap, hot water, and a scrub brush on my WeatherTechs. They look brand new when I'm done cleaning.

+1

Though it helps if you don't wait until the mats can no longer hold any more mud, leaves, and other debris before you decide to clean them.

I think you should use Armor-All, or any super-shine tire shine product.
smile.gif

Any diluted APC will work for cleaning.

I just wash them with the soapy water I use to wash the car, only difference is I use a soft brush to scrub them.

I go with Simple Green. Been using it on the ones in my 10 year old truck and the mats still look new.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back