Taping off of LM MoS2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am converting over to LM 2053 Motor Protect. I managed to return the dozen plus cans of MoS2 for refund since I kept the receipts. I took store credit and bought 3 cans of this new brew. They are on order and should arrive monday. I am still using Motor Oil Saver with PUP 5w30/PPHM 5w30 blended and will most likely cut the MOS down from full can each oci to 100ml and ADD 200ml of MP and run this 10k. Will probably go from Napa Pro Select to Fram Ultra or Ea Amsoil filter. Any thoughts? I am just looking for something different to try and have had zero issues with MoS2; I just want overkill and I want to try a non solid type additive vs ceretec/mos2. I also read Ceretec/Motor Protect got even better with new formulations and thats part of my interest in a change.

I would run one or two intervals without MoS2 (just Motor Oil Saver) before using the MP. Grab yourself a can of Pro-Line Engine Flush, idle the engine for 25 minutes, instead of the recommended 15 minutes, change the oil and add the MP. MP is good for ~30,000 miles and will plate better once the MoS2 has worn off.

why are you using this additive again? Oh the pennzoil is too good and you need to dilute it down? got it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back