Barn Find (mid 1950s Dodge)

Status
Not open for further replies.
We were looking at an abandoned farmhouse for sale today and looked into the barn and found this car that was apparently someone's restoration project that was never finished. It's missing a lot of the trim, but I saw it in a box on the other side of the barn. Judging by the large amount of bird droppings, I bet it's been sitting there for a while. The front plate was from Missouri, but the rear was a Michigan historical plate. Based on my Google searching, it seems to be a 1955-1956 Dodge Royal Lancer? I could be wrong, though. Thought I'd share this.
smile.gif

20150423_195024_resized_zpsfgj5r7ep.jpg

20150423_195103_resized_zpsmyootxqo.jpg

20150423_195404_resized_zpshygsxufo.jpg

20150423_194928_resized_zpsy3mjb4dc.jpg

20150423_195058_resized_zpsgpre9ovz.jpg

I'm guessing the car would go with the house when/if it sells. The individual items weren't for sale individually, but the house/property was. There was a ton of stuff still lying around, which was odd considering the home was abandoned and for sale. There were a bunch of lawnmowers, 2 campers, and even an old bottle of Amsoil in one of the out buildings. I really wonder what happened for the owners just to leave all of their stuff in the yard and outbuildings. Perhaps they passed away or something. The house was pretty empty from what we could see through the windows. Everything was just left wide open, even though we didn't have an appointment or anything.

I did not look in the trunk or under the hood, no. It was starting to get late by the point we actually looked into this barn (I think there were 4-5 other outbuildings). It's possible the title for the vehicle could be around somewhere since they left a lot of things behind. Perhaps maybe even in the box of trim, who knows. The house was a very interesting 100 year old Victorian farm house, but it needed a LOT of work.

Originally Posted By: donnyj08
very cool old house, if not a little Eerie.

It was definitely eerie! Some of the windows were left open (since it's abandoned), but I still can't get over how odd it is that so many things were left behind (like the car) and how everything is left open to the elements. One could just drive up and take whatever they want, pretty much. I would've thought that being for sale, they would've had it more secured.

You can run that car through Maine without prior paperwork; it's plenty old enough to not need a title here. Broadway Title and others do it through the mail.

Then your Maine plates transfer to a home state title & reg.

Originally Posted By: daves87rs
Not bad on the outside, but that roof...

Too bad, it's a good looking house....

What's wrong with the roof? Metal. Metal roofs way outlast shingle types.

The pictures make the house look like it was in better condition than it was. Some of the windows were left open (or missing) to the elements, some were boarded up, entire portions of the walls inside the home were missing, etc. I believe they were asking around $45k for the house, property and outbuildings. We love older houses, but this one would take years and lots of $$$ to renovate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back