CADEX Rifle Systems Chassis

Status
Not open for further replies.

OVERKILL

$100 Site Donor 2021
Was looking to see what cool stuff I could do with my .308 and remembered that RolexRifleMan had some nice AI chassis's on his guns and so I started to look around for what was available for the Savage stuff.

Came across these guys!

They make this chassis:
http://www.cadexdefence.com/products/chassis/lite-strike/

Lite-Strike-Sniper-Rifle-Chassis-Cadex-800x800.jpg

Now this one is bloody expensive, but they do make a few others that are less expensive; down closer to the 1K range. But it got me thinking.

Anybody have experience with these?

Ultimately it would make my .308 look something like this:

CAD_LiteStrike2_2014.jpg

As per the link, they have it in a variety of colours. I like the desert tan as a nice contrast to the black of the gun. It currently sports a black stock but I find the tan appealing.

They also make it for my .338 Lapua, though it has a (4 million pound) tactical stock on it at the moment
21.gif

Plus, spending 4 grand on stocks isn't my idea of wise spending, LOL!!!

Ya, I saw the different colours after I started reading a bit lol
I agree, $4,000 in stocks is way too much, that would buy another sweet rifle instead! They have some nice Rem 870 parts too.

Yeah, but I have a Mossberg 500, LOL!

The 110BA already has an adjustable shoulder and cheek piece whilst my .308 doesn't, so I think it would be a worthwhile upgrade for a gun that is quite the tack driver as it sits. I'm having a hard time (other than the weight thing) with it for the Lapua. Though that has recently been my go-to gun. I just love the thing
21.gif

Originally Posted By: billt460
Originally Posted By: CT8
I wonder why they call the things chassis instead of stocks?

When it's over $2K it's called a "Chassis".
I understand

Looks like I'll be going for the one I posted in the OP for the .308. Not sure on when yet, they have a 6-8 week lead time for them but it will be relatively soon.

I was in touch with a gentleman who is a friend of Rob Furlong, a man who is very fond of these chassis systems. He did me a favour and asked Rob which stock would be the best for my rifle and the one shown in the OP was it. So that pretty much solved my waffling on which one to go with, LOL
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: OVERKILL
Looks like I'll be going for the one I posted in the OP for the .308. Not sure on when yet, they have a 6-8 week lead time for them but it will be relatively soon.

I was in touch with a gentleman who is a friend of Rob Furlong, a man who is very fond of these chassis systems. He did me a favour and asked Rob which stock would be the best for my rifle and the one shown in the OP was it. So that pretty much solved my waffling on which one to go with, LOL
smile.gif

Cool! Didn't Rob Furlong join the Edmonton police force?

Originally Posted By: xxch4osxx

smile.gif

Cool! Didn't Rob Furlong join the Edmonton police force?

I think he was for a while.... He's got a few things on the go is my understanding, including his marksmanship academy which I would love to attend but doubt I'd be able to get to the time off work to do so.

OK, it has been ordered. I'll post up some pics once it arrives. I've been told ETA is a few weeks.

OK, it has been ordered. I'll post up some pics once it arrives. I've been told ETA is a few weeks.
Can't wait to see!

Originally Posted By: xxch4osxx
Can't wait to see!

Me either, LOL!!

Supposed to be in this coming week but I am in Ohio. I'll be posting some pics when I've got it in my grubby little hands
smile.gif

Supposed to be in this coming week but I am in Ohio. I'll be posting some pics when I've got it in my grubby little hands
smile.gif

I was just thinking about this today! Cool, can't wait to see!

Got it!!! And got the action and barrel installed into it. Can't wait to try it out!

A couple of glitches:

1. I went to install the optics and discovered the replacement locks for my rings that Leupold warrantied for me are the wrong size; they don't fit my rings
frown.gif

2. The bolt release, this chassis appears to be setup for the typical Savage release that is up by the bolt. This particular rifle, the 10 FCP-K has the bolt release ahead of the trigger (part of the trigger guard, which is new with this chassis). This means that I need to reach into the trigger with my finger and hold the pin/pull it back to release the bolt. A bit awkward. I'm going to get in touch with CADEX to see if there's an easy fix for this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back