Starbucks to open Ferguson store

Status
Not open for further replies.
Will the barista's write "race together" on the cups? Will they sing kumbaya over burning police cars together during the next riot?

Maybe looters hopped up on caffeine more will loot more, being more "productive" in a sense, since that's their occupation there. (Yeah, I saw lots of video on this, so don't try to argue they aren't looters, don't even try that.)

Obligatory:
_54502722_starbucks.jpg

Wasn't it a Starbucks near the site that would not give out bottles of water on 9/11 unless the rescue workers paid for them? A proud member of the community?

Originally Posted By: OneEyeJack
Wasn't it a Starbucks near the site that would not give out bottles of water on 9/11 unless the rescue workers paid for them? A proud member of the community?

That's true but after it was publicized, SB said "sorry" and refunded the money.

Originally Posted By: aquariuscsm
Starbucks accepts EBT cards????

You can use them on ice and chewing gum so I am not surprised..

Originally Posted By: Leo99

That's true but after it was publicized, SB said "sorry" and refunded the money.

It's easier to be "good" when you get caught and exposed, the lights are on and the camera is running. At least then you can start stepping and fetching and trying to sound sincere. For those in the neighborhood it didn't play well.

Right. Because it's up to them to provide free stuff.

Capitalism.....remember.

Yes, they do.

When you see that welfare queen walking through the supermarket with a cart loaded with things you, as a gainfully employed, working, contributing citizen can't afford to buy you know the end is near.

The "Gib Me" plan is in full effect in the USA.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: antiqueshell

Yes, they do.

When you see that welfare queen walking through the supermarket with a cart loaded with things you, as a gainfully employed, working, contributing citizen can't afford to buy you know the end is near.

It does frustrate me when I see people driving brand new cars to Wegmans, buying high end food and pulling out that EBT card.

Not because I'm supporting their laziness ... but because there are two families that really need it; one family is too humble and proud to ask, and the other is denied for some stupid reason.

If someone is legitimately struggling, I'm all for helping them. It's when we're paying for smartphones and organic meats, brand new cars , etc that I start to get angry.

Do I need that stuff? Nope. Do I want it? Nope.

It's just not right that we have to pay for some to live really high on the hog when there are some who are legitimately unable to provide for themselves ... and they continue to suffer.

Originally Posted By: Clevy

Capitalism.....remember.

So you would not help rescue workers during a disaster of that nature unless you were paid? Even if everything in your store was covered with the fallout from the explosions and fires and the rescue workers and firemen halted the fire 4 doors for your establishment? If that's your attitude then you must be part of this new America that is gradually taking over. Imagine the future.

Originally Posted By: Clevy

Capitalism.....remember.

So you would not help rescue workers during a disaster of that nature unless you were paid? Even if everything in your store was covered with the fallout from the explosions and fires and the rescue workers and firemen halted the fire 4 doors for your establishment? If that's your attitude then you must be part of this new America that is gradually taking over. Imagine the future.

Lets argue about at near 15 year old event and one store manager or employee's decision and extrapolate this into the demise of America. Add Obama on this one to make a real winner response.
50.gif

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Miller88
Originally Posted By: antiqueshell

Yes, they do.

It does frustrate me when I see people driving brand new cars to Wegmans, buying high end food and pulling out that EBT card.

Not because I'm supporting their laziness ... but because there are two families that really need it; one family is too humble and proud to ask, and the other is denied for some stupid reason.

If someone is legitimately struggling, I'm all for helping them. It's when we're paying for smartphones and organic meats, brand new cars , etc that I start to get angry.

Do I need that stuff? Nope. Do I want it? Nope.

It's just not right that we have to pay for some to live really high on the hog when there are some who are legitimately unable to provide for themselves ... and they continue to suffer.

I feel they should be immediately jailed,welfare cut off,and forced to pick up garbage at gunpoint via law enforcement.

I feel they should be immediately jailed,welfare cut off,and forced to pick up garbage at gunpoint via law enforcement.

Exactly....action MUST be taken NOW.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back