Cracks

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm considering Bridgestone Turana Serenity Plus, Continental PureContact or the CS5's.

But I haven't decided if they actually need replaced or not. I want to be sure before I drop that kind of coin on fresh rubber.

are the inside of the tires similar? if so its the tires.. if not probably some guy with tire shine.

A former coworker of mine who reminded me of GHT bought a 5 year old honda civic that looked MINT..

He then washed it 3-4x a week at the spray wash using the foaming brush.... and tire shined after washing..

after 6 months the car looked at least 5 years older and tires were cracking.

Last edited:
Took it into a reputable tire store in town, they said the cracking is normal wear and tear and that it wasn't bad enough to warrant replacing. They also said GY would never warranty it by claiming it's regular wear and tear.

So, that's that. I'm not going to worry about it for now. If they crack more I'll reassess before I head to Florida.

Personally, I don't see it as a big deal. They don't look too deep or wide at all. I would just keep an eye on them and for a good sale. If you find a good sale, throw a new set on(which will happen sometime over the summer I would think).

That's about what my 8-9 year old snow tires looked like after being run for a couple summers. They had hardened up, had gotten bad in the wet, and were chunking a bit on the tread too, so I thought it was time to get something new.
How is the tread and wet traction doing on yours?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back