Winter Comes Early..

Status
Not open for further replies.
In Montreal it is a rainy week here and cold.

We are getting snow on Friday
frown.gif

This morning, when I got up at 5:30, south-central Wisconsin was 34F with a dusting of snow overnight. We had some accumulation on our deck. We also had brief little snow squalls throughout the morning and into the afternoon in Madison.

Be thankful when water occasionally falls from the sky.

I'll take 'too much' over 'too little' ; my lot is higher than my neighbors. They may feel differently.

Originally Posted By: simple_gifts
Be thankful when water occasionally falls from the sky.

I'll take 'too much' over 'too little' ; my lot is higher than my neighbors. They may feel differently.

It is more like 'too little' over 'nothing' here in California.

This last winter we had too little rain, but it was better than nothing the previous 4-5 years.

I drove to a work appointment today...on the shores of Lake Superior. It was white-out conditions part of the way with some accumulation of snow/slush/ice on the roads. Upon arrival they had at least 1-1/2 feet of snow on the ground from steady snows over the last week...with snow banks from where it was recently plowed...temps were in the low 20's. It was like the middle of January there. 2 hours south(where I live) we received only a dusting of snow and haven't had any snow on the ground since early March. Is this crazy or what?

I woke up at 4 o'clock this morning and it was 61F so I closed the sliding glass door. Evidently it dropped all the way down to 59F during the night. Good news, this cold spell has broken and it will be warmer tonight. Sometimes it does get so cold that during the night when driving you have to roll the driver's side window most of the way up. But snow? It's near the end of April. What's going on.

You lucky people with some actual winter . . . or at least more seasons than "January" and "Summer" . . .

Come August when everyone is complaining about how hot it is, I'll resurrect my traditional post about "This is the weather you wished so devoutly for back in February!"

I was doing some work in Syracuse, NY for a couple days. Came out of the hotel Thursday and I had to scrape the stuck on snow off the van. It's crazy. The trees have no signs of budding yet like they are here in my part of Pennsylvania. Everything is crazy green, it was about 65* when we left for New York, it was in the 40's when we arrived...

We had about 1/2" of snow this morning and ice on the secondary highways. It was sad how bad my all-season tires were compared the snows, but I got though with a little sliding around.

If I had known Spring was going to last 3 days ... I would have tried to enjoy it a bit more ...

Originally Posted By: IndyIan
We had about 1/2" of snow this morning and ice on the secondary highways. It was sad how bad my all-season tires were compared the snows, but I got though with a little sliding around.

I took the snow tires off both vehicles. So I have mud tires and all seasons ... Hoping it stops.

Originally Posted By: Benzadmiral
You lucky people with some actual winter . . . or at least more seasons than "January" and "Summer" . . .

Come August when everyone is complaining about how hot it is, I'll resurrect my traditional post about "This is the weather you wished so devoutly for back in February!"

I'll take 90 over 4' of snow every week. We have 4 seasons here, but they overlap and can change hourly. They are: too cold, too wet, too hot, and road construction.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back