Amsoil XL 5W-20 - 10,440 miles - 04 F-150

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another nice report from my 2004 F-150. The truck has 192k miles on it. This report covers a 10 month, 10,440 mile interval. The first 8k of the interval was on a Fram Ultra XG3600 filter, and the final 2k on a Wix Pro Select. I installed the second filter because I had to remove and discard the Fram Ultra when I replaced my PS pump earlier this year.

Regarding Blackstone's note: I take my oil sample in mid-drain, but I accidentally spilled the sample container as I was crawling out from under the truck. So this sample was comprised mostly of the last oil to drain out. Apparently no harm, no foul in this case.

Current oil is also Amsoil XL 5w-20, with a Wix filter. I intend to follow Blackstone's advice and run this oil for 12k.

04_F150_042215_Page_1.jpg

I feel this is more a testament to fords mod motor than the oil itself,not that the oil is in any way bad.
But I think it shows just how long lived the ford mod motor is capable of and re-enforces fx4's testing showing simple,inexpensive off the shelf oils are capable of running far more miles than suggested by the oem.

After this try M1 EP 0W20 for 15k miles (with 12K sample to check with B.S.). I bet that M1 EP 0W20 will give better result(higher TBN) than this Amsoil.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back