Does anyone else hate leather?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't stand leather. It gets sticky in the summer, it freezes your butt off in the winter, it looks old and wrinkly in many cars after just a few years (granted, not so much in higher end luxury cars, but in those cars it's the only option), it costs significantly more in a lot of vehicles, if it stains it's impossible to fix.

Give me cloth any day... Although it seems like ventilated and heated seats are becoming a leather package only thing on a lot of vehicles too.

I don't hate it, but I definitely don't prefer it.

Leather also doesn't grip your backside as well as most fabrics.

Although I don't hate anything in life, I'm the opposite: I don't like cloth. Cloth sticks to clothes which I don't like and is more difficult to clean. If anything is spilled on leather or vinyl, I can just wipe it off. Cloth soaks it in nearly immediately.

I love it, heated leather in the winter is great ! and as long as the A/C is working its ok in the summer. and with kids its way easier to clean up messes. I found I truly prefer it.

Originally Posted By: Throt
+1

I won't own a car with leather. 0 advantages with multiple disadvantages.

Agree! Had leather for years with the Lexus and Infiniti, and was very pleasantly surprised at the comfort of modern cloth seats when I traded. Now I avoid leather also.

The focus came with "leather", it kind of looks animal based to my eye atleast. Its cracking a little now just on the driver seat, but I don't care too much. The seats are heated so they are nice in the winter and I try to point the car north when I park in the summer so they aren't too hot.
I like leather to slide in and out and to get comfortable on long trips. I wouldn't pay the extra $$$ for it in a new car, but in the used market, a couple hundred bucks is about right, same for a sun roof, nice if its almost free, not worth $2k.

I prefer cloth also, but to get any good options you have to upgrade to leather.

Cooled leather isn't so bad though!

Get laid
Trolling.gif

I converted all my cars to leather.. But then again, if I buy a used car, I typically gut the interior (carpets, etc), and steam/dry clean everything. I can't stand breathing the dust and dirt that settles.

I don't mind the leather in my car, and even in Phoenix at 115 degrees it isn't too bad (it's black leather and I have a black car). It does get pretty hot but it's do-able. Heated leather is nice in the winter for the 1 month it's usable here.

+1.

Luckily I have a buttvent intalled in mine. Takes care of 30-40% of discomfort.

It depends on the car.

On my 10 year old 325i it looks almost like new. No wear on the bolster. Heated seats so it's not cold in the winter.

On my 15 year old Camry it's worn, ugly, and freezes your [censored].

Originally Posted By: Throt
+1

I won't own a car with leather. 0 advantages with multiple disadvantages.

I think you jumped to conclusions a bit...

Leather is awesome for pet and kid stains and keeping clean/sanitized.

I'll personally only own a vehicle with leather or vinyl seats.

I don't give a rats about cloth holding me in place better. If it was a race car, it would have a 5-point.

I will agree that higher quality leather is a nice thing

I had an 04 S60 Volvo with leather. It was nice since it was heated, and it smelled nice too. From a durability stand point, it would have probably wore very well given older VOlvo's had a very reliable leather.

It's nice, but never would I pay extra for it

I love leather interior! My 20 year old leather is still in new condition. Cool in the summer and warm in the winter. Real leather seats are day and night more comfy that cloth. Real leather breathes whereas cloth doesn't.

I am not a fan of leather either. Just glorified vinyl to me. And in several cars it isn't even real so you pay for leather but get leatherette or whatever they call it. I like cloth and prefer cloth.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back