Oil in 14 ranger 570?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ready to change oil in my 570 ranger.Have Schaeffers 5w50 Racing 9000 series ($7.50) or do I sell it and use the new Amsoil 5w50 UTV for $9.00 per quart. Not sure if Ams is a better product? Not worried about the little difference in price. Was thinking maybe better to use the Amsoil(5w50) ,so I can stay with the same product line if I went with the Amsoil 0w40 for winter use. I change in mid-fall and late spring. Not sure switching between the schaeffers and amsoil is the best idea. Fire away.

Last edited:
I have a '14 Ranger 570 that I've been running Klotz 0w40 UTV oil in. I guess I fell for the marketing. Haven't sampled it yet, plan to this summer. I run the Schaeffer's 5w50 in my Scrambler 850 and it is a super oil. Protects the Scrambler exteremely well. It has loads of Zinc and Phosphorus. Here's a link to a UOA of the Schaeffer's in my Scrambler: link here I race my Scrambler so I change pretty frequently but I'm sure it would hold up pretty well for a normal Polaris interval.

T-6 is very good. I'm going to run either Schaeffers or Amsoil. Trying to decide between the 2. Was more concerned about running the Schaeffers 5w50 in summer and then switching to Amsoil 0w40 in the winter. Thinking that using 1 brand of oil was better(ams 5w50 summer/ams 0w40 winter). Maybe the Schaeffers 5w50 would be ok year around, I seldom if ever use my machine when it gets colder than -5 or -10f in Wisconsin winters unless I would have to plow snow. Schaeffers 5w50 stable cold pour point is -41f.

Last edited:
I use Mobil 1 15w-50 in my 800. If I was in a cold area, I'd use M1 5w-50.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back