Firestone Precision Touring

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just put two of these on the back of the 2009 Town & Country. Reviews on tirerack.com were overwhelmingly positive. Beginning tread depth is 12/ 32nds.any experience with these, anyone?

I believe those tires are identical to the ones Firestone stores sells as the Firestone Affinity Touring. (Oddly enough, the Affinity Touring is an OEM tire on Tire Rack and it NOT rated well, seems like a mistake on Firestone's part)

Anyway, I went in to get Ecopias for my GF's Civic (205/55r16) a couple years ago and they were out, so we put on the Affinity Touring tires and I was actually very pleasantly surprised.

So far, we have 12,000 miles on it and the tires are doing very well. They've been very quiet on the road and even tread wear. The big surprise was snow/ice traction. The first winter after getting these tires, this car was unstoppable on the ice. A friend drove the car during the winter and out of nowhere, commented at how good the traction was in the snow. Totally unsolicited comment.

Firestone Store Affinity Touring:
http://www.firestonecompleteautocare.com/tirecatalog/Firestone/AffinityTouring/
AffinityTouring.png

Tire Rack Precision Touring:
http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Firestone&tireModel=Precision+Touring
fs_precision_tour_ci2_l.jpg

Tire Rack Affinity Touring:
http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Firestone&tireModel=Affinity+Touring
fs_affinity_touring_ci2_l.jpg

I have watched the TR video reviews with the Firestone Precision Touring and have read customer reviews as well. They do well in testing and receive good customer reviews.

What are you running on the front of the T&C?
Will you be rotating them over their lifetime or will you keep them in the rear?

Keep us posted!

Our '02 Accord came on what looked to be a nearly new set of these tires.
They are pretty decent in all conditions, although they are neither quiet nor plush riding.
These are not the best A/S tires I've ever driven on in the winter, but they aren't bad.
I should add that we've put about 21K on the car in the last year and a half and these tires are wearing like iron. They'll easily exceed their treadwear rating.
Overall, for what these tires cost, I'd say that they're a decent choice.

I have these on my CR-V. They are awesome and I got them based on the reviews on Tire Rack.

80mph in the rain on the highway, perfectly safe.
Attempted drifting in snowy conditions, so safe I can't even get the stability control or ABS to kick in they're so grabby.

Love them, best tires I've ever owned.

I replaced a set a of worn out Michelins on an old Town Car. The Michelins that were on the car were no longer in production. So I replaced them with a set of those Firestones. The set I have on the car are AWEFUL! Despite being balanced twice, they produce a vibration that simply ruins the ride and drive. Ive seen the overwhelmingly positive reviews. But my experience has been completely opposite to the general consensus. I suspect that at least one of them is out of round. The worn out old Michelins rode better, were smooth, quiet and VIBRATION free. The Firestones feel like truck tires. I'm very disappointed. I might even remove them even tough they only have about 3000 miles on 'em.

Powerglide, you may want to consider this:

The Firestone Service Center in my area, is the only shop within decent driving distance, that has a Hunter 9000 Road Force Balance Machine.

Yesterday(Wednesday), I took my Cooper CS4's there to have them RFB'd. I will install them today to find out if it's worked. These tires(2500 miles) have had a vibration at my sweet spot on the highway. The speed in which they start to vibe, varies depending on the rotation of the tires(I have moved these tires to all 4 corners). All 4 tires were out of balance from the get/go, the Tech said...even before removing the stick on weights!

I have had these tires rebalanced several times at my installer(who I am disgusted with BTW). Again, even before removing the stick on weights, the Tech mentioned that the tires were out of balance. The Firestone Tech then proceeded to do some (whatever)measurements, looking for issues with both the wheel and the tire. And if need be, remove the tire and reposition it on the wheel which, he found nothing out of the ordinary, just the balance!

I was only charged for the tire RF Balance($12/ea) but, if there were any tire that may have needed to be dismounted/repositioned, the cost could have been as high as $25/tire(a good price IMHO).

Last edited:
Also want to mention that, I brought in my wheels/tires off the car so, the Tech's didn't have to remove/reinstall them on the car, also (probably)contributing to the lower basic cost!

Last edited:
Sis has a set of the Precision Touring tires on her current Subaru Outback. They were nearly new when she bought the car.

Otherwise, they would have been pulled off and replaced with a set of over-rated/over-priced tires made by a company with a French sounding name.

She has been more than satisfied with the performance of the tires, and is still running them at this point.

I have Michelin (symmetry?) on the front. About 5/32nds left. Will run those through the summer, then rotate the Firestones to the front and purchase two new ones to match, with regular rotations.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back