AC woes on Ficus AGAIN....

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can check if your thermometer reads 32F at 32F with an insulated cup of ice water. In about 10 minutes the water will be very close to 32F.

Same dealer. I have an appointment tomorrow morning and they now tell me they cannot just give me a rental car until after diagnosis is done and they make sure warranty will cover a rental. Before it was no big deal to get a rental.

Car is at the dealer now so maybe they'll be able to take care of it hopefully. I made a case with ford about the rental car deal so we will see what happens.

Well they replaced the evaporator temp sensor which last time they said they tested it and it was fine but now they say it's bad. I guess we'll see.

Move out here, that sucker will never freeze up. AMC used to have a "Desert Only" setting that would keep the compressor from cycling in dry areas.

Hornet1289304190.jpg

I bet your "new" expansion valve is acting up, sometimes not opening enough & icing up the coil. The low pressure switch (or sensor) is a fail-safe for the expansion valve, but I bet it eventually goes the other way & won't get cold enough.

I hope the evaporator temp sensor was it . I think it was. I originally thought it was that but was told over and over it was fine. The compressor was still running when it was froze up that sensor is supposed to tell the pcm to dial back the compressor.

Originally Posted By: bullwinkle
I bet your "new" expansion valve is acting up, sometimes not opening enough & icing up the coil. The low pressure switch (or sensor) is a fail-safe for the expansion valve, but I bet it eventually goes the other way & won't get cold enough.

That is my thought, and possibly there is existing contamination in the system that is gradually clogging the valve as time goes by.

Ram_Man have the dealer check the system for contamination or debris!

Can somebody please forward my post here to Ram_Man? I think he has me accidentally blocked or something.

Antiqueshell I see your posts.....also they did check the levels and they were good. The cars done it since new. That sensor even if there's an issue with the ac unit it's self clogged or whatever when the evap gets to cold it suppose to turn the compressor off but it doesn't even with the thing froze up it still runs. That sensor is what sends the signal saying it's too cold shut off and what have you

Last edited:
So wait you are taking this back to the dealer you worked at.. then quit from for "shoddy practices"?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back