Mahle OX 149D

Status
Not open for further replies.
As many here already have seen, I am very much opposed to cardboard, fiberboard or anyboard endcaps. Having said that, this is a good looking filter. Thanks for the cut and post OP!

Originally Posted By: jk_636
As many here already have seen, I am very much opposed to cardboard, fiberboard or anyboard endcaps. Having said that, this is a good looking filter. Thanks for the cut and post OP!

What, he didn't cut anything
33.gif

Last edited:
You know what I mean. Im so use to ending posts with that line on this subforum that it becomes second nature.

Originally Posted By: Stewie
jk_636 said:

There, now it is fixed for the purists in the group.
crazy.gif

You know what I mean. Im so use to ending posts with that line on this subforum that it becomes second nature.

jk_636 said:

crazy.gif

cheers3.gif

jk_636 said:

crazy.gif

Lots of them here at BITOG. Lol.

Originally Posted By: dlundblad
Ran for a little over 3k on the girlfriends Volvo. The factory recommended interval is 7.5k, but I am trying to clean things up. The car is the "turbo'd" version and is severely short tripped. After removing the filter from the previous oil change, a few of the pleats were packed with sludge. This one had a little bit at the edges, but the synthetic seems to be clearing things up...

[Old post but fits perfectly for my search process...]

Thx for sharing it - my next choice will be Mahle OX 149D as well.
Only had used Mann HU 819x with good result at 6K OCI - even at desludging process.

I like this design so much:
http://www.mahle-aftermarket.com/media/m..._filters_en.pdf

Last edited:
Good to see it's appreciated. There should be more floating around with the same title.
laugh.gif

I've actually been slacking. I have 1 that's been in use from July to late February. I change based on time (Typically 6 months) and time got away from me. Should be somewhere around 5k.

Her car is still pretty short tripped, but I am wanting to step it up to 5k from now on.

SRCSNpIW5I08BNUEbOBgJzBfj4rtpf5xOMBCodY6PR5fL_MA1GvvqiLHA9upNs9RmS_tL4xN0vSN9pV1o-ZEIvDu0SMW2QC1JnzRzVgNJ3H68FzfKwqE7kPzs1sRpOfa3cuDZOnFcVS1ZZv70jcQN1n1dE76pDSbUiANVzRey1oR-zd9KAIg4pIJdzonj4wpn0fMuOlCW5UfkcdpoxrLzWuafgLsM2BuYgXA46AAuJsvoHVyGJiDBkMbjaSu-R82gxX_MwyYCG_ip-uHOJOubV5orvPgXmOPbiPnnADwO3MOL7uSfhEqXAW3XgVNkRn-NA52GAB1QIsObiCKGt04RR1fTW1yWnoy0lrjltQplCpwXC_wTxwkqYdXahpEOmedPnH_-ZX2Fx4N_HHD4QpFrIgIg09zCTy364gjWm3YI3vE92Gd_GSj4EAPb2YckOpmE_eRh4WWV-L8YlDazffH4ROL2JIhfihnHptOW_16VoCIjBiG5sBLQRW_AcKiai9FfG19sPI0PY31JVIQ5NSBi6UyzONLQC8fCIDlehvFeOUPmk2X53faLOowu3sIjcAiQtUQ8tJ-_tlBCZnGXOg4s-b00dHNhrHz-j_l9Qp6Raku6TBKwq5czNTsZuHDPKzYEK8b4v6zHBwKR53Br5WKDgfUyU1IXua67_15XOgmKbQ=w1177-h661-no

Good to know - a VOLVO fan aboard!
See above the filter found in my car after the deal with the former owner: approx 13K miles with original VOLVO filter (and 10W40 semi-synthetic oil) - perfect shape. That's why I would use MAHLE in the future: it'S OEM VOLVO.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back