Need help with bleeding my brakes

Status
Not open for further replies.
So i had the shop replace a rear brake line that was leaking and when they were bleeding my brakes they all were bleeding fine but the drivers side it just keeps spitting out a lil bit of fluid and not shooting out and the shop told me the only way to make it bleed is to replace the brake master cylinder is this true or what needs to be done here? I was like [censored] if the others are bleeding out fine then how is the master cylinder bad? shouldnt they just replace the brake line thats not letting fluid out?

What kind of vehicle? Could be a clogged line or hose clogged bleeder or even the abs module needs to be actuated with a scan tool but that would depend on what type of vehicle it is. Only some are like that.

It could also be a collaped flexible brake hose (the one going to the caliper, although this is very rare. One way to eliminate this as a possibility is to crack the fitting loose on the front end of the rubber brake hose while it is under pressure. It will make a bit of a mess but will confirm/eliminate a problem with the hose or caliper.

If you are getting good pressure from the other wheels AND a good firm pedal that doesn't fade, Id say their diagnosis is way off. If theyre insisting on changing the MC, I would get it in writing that they will not charge you for the part or labor if that doesn't fix it. If not Id personally move on. This is why I don't let others work on my vehicles, too many parts changers and not enough mechanics out there.

Last edited:
Master cylinder ?!?!?!?
mad.gif

more like trying to rip you off.

Do what others said here, checking the screw, the hoses and leaks.

Always start cheap and easy... replace bleed screw first... they get clogged sometimes and won't pass fluid.

If THAT doesn't fix the issue, then you start going deeper...

Originally Posted By: geeman789
Always start cheap and easy... replace bleed screw first... they get clogged sometimes and won't pass fluid.

If THAT doesn't fix the issue, then you start going deeper...

+1 this ^^^

the passenger side and both rear sides bled fine only the driver side wont come out good enough just lil drops coming out and the pedal is not firm when pumping on the brakes.

well i went in to get a rear brake line replaced cause it was leaking and the shop said u were only stopping with your front brakes the whole time cause air was in the rear brakes cause of the line leaking.

They started bleeding the brakes everything was going fine till they got to the driver side it kept just spitting out lil fluid and not coming out good enough and the brake pedal is not firm when pressing down on it. The mechanic tried so many times to bleed it and it just wasnt having it then he just said i need to replace the brake master cylinder which is freaking $165

I mean cant i just buy the brake cylinder alone and use my old hardware and container or i have to buy the whole thing?

Then I would bet it's not the MC. Which by the way the only way it could have been ruined if it was good when you took it in was from them pushing the MC beyond its stroke when the reservoir was empty, IE bleeding the brakes.

How are they bleeding the brakes? Vacuum, power bleeder or old fashioned method of pumping? It sure sounds like its got something to do with that one specific corner.

LMAO, sounds like if it wasn't leaking before and it's leaking now, they most likely "broke" your bleeder valve, you should spray some rust penetrate before loosing them, I learned it the hard way by doing just that. Since spraying PB Blaster/ WD-40 I have yet to ruin another bleeder valve, on some seriously rusted vehicle without any rubber caps either.

Change out bleeder screw first. If that wheel has a home run to the distribution valve, I would check for a stuck distribution valve.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back