BERSA VS FIRESTORM?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I often see a BERSA 380APC but, also a BERSA Firestorm 380 in a different ad. I don't know what the difference is. Could anyone clarify for me? Thank you. Ed Hayes

.380 ACP (I've never seen APC) is the caliber, and I believe Firestorm is a model that one of the importers calls the Thunder. One model may have different grips or sights depending on what's being imported at any given time.

They're cheap, if that's what you're looking for. I'm not a .380 fan, but I'd much rather recommend a Glock 42 if single stack is what you're after.

I have a Bersa .380 ACP and it is not a bad pistol by any measure. Reviews of it are okay also.It certainly is not a top of the line pistol, but seems fairly well made. I believe it is called Bersa Thunder. They are made in Brasil, I believe. Very easy to break down and clean/lube.

Originally Posted By: TTK
I have a Bersa .380 ACP and it is not a bad pistol by any measure. Reviews of it are okay also.It certainly is not a top of the line pistol, but seems fairly well made. I believe it is called Bersa Thunder. They are made in Brasil, I believe. Very easy to break down and clean/lube.

It is the same gun. Bersa is the maker, Firestorm is just an import brand mark on them. Firestorms used to have finger groove grip panels added on them. Other than that they are the same gun.

They are made in Argentina, not Brazil. They are a perfectly serviceable gun. A bit large being Walther PP sized, but I carry one IWB in the summer. So far it has eaten both ball ammo as well as the Speer Gold Dots I carry in it.

Bersa also has a new offering. The Bersa Thunder 380 Concealed Carry.

The Bersa Thunder 380 gets good reviews.

Small pocket offerings are available too from Kal Tec, Ruger, & others.

With modern ammo the 380 is not bad for a small handgun round.

After all, you will carry the weapon much more than shooting it and having a heavy weapon in the vehicle or at home on the dresser than on your person does little good.

You can find several You Tube Videos of the Bersa 380 ACP.

Originally Posted By: Eddie
Thank you. I do have the BERSA 22 FIRESTORM and was thinking of trading for a 380

I would keep the .22 and get another in .380 if you like that gun, the .22 model is one of the best little shooters in that size. My wife has the .380 and it's been accurate and reliable for years.

I often see a BERSA 380APC but, also a BERSA Firestorm 380 in a different ad. I don't know what the difference is. Could anyone clarify for me? Thank you. Ed Hayes

What purpose do you want the pistol to serve? Their may be way better pistols in your price range depending on what you plan on using it for. I've owned several Bersa pistols and consider them a meh option these days.

Originally Posted By: bubbatime

What purpose do you want the pistol to serve? Their may be way better pistols in your price range depending on what you plan on using it for. I've owned several Bersa pistols and consider them a meh option these days.

I bought mine for 275 new with tax....it is hard to beat it in that price point. Most of what you get new for under 300 bucks is pretty lackluster in reliability/quality. About the best competition in that price point is Kel Tec, and that can be a REAL [censored] shoot. They are not an ultra modern design, but they do work well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back