Another USPS rant

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've had problems with USPS, UPS, and FedEx, but they are fairly rare with any of them, however, the one area where USPS needs to improve upon is their tracking system...I've yet to see it be accurate....they are either days behind what's actually going on, or the status is not updated at all...UPS' and FedEx's tracking system is much, much better than that of USPS...

Originally Posted By: grampi
I've had problems with USPS, UPS, and FedEx, but they are fairly rare with any of them, however, the one area where USPS needs to improve upon is their tracking system...I've yet to see it be accurate....they are either days behind what's actually going on, or the status is not updated at all...UPS' and FedEx's tracking system is much, much better than that of USPS...

+1 for the above!

I received 4 packages today all via USPS. Three were ordered 4/16 from places here in the U.S. the other came from China and was ordered 4/8, received in less than 2 weeks.

Not much to complain about.

Originally Posted By: jcwit
I received 4 packages today all via USPS. Three were ordered 4/16 from places here in the U.S. the other came from China and was ordered 4/8, received in less than 2 weeks.

Did you try to track those packages when they were in route?

The more I see threads like this, the more i see how issues like this are regional. Locally, USPS could use a few hot coals on their butt it seems, but other places they dont seem too bad.

People here will knock UPS and FedEx both, but I have no issues with them whatsoever. Good service and the package is always under the porch and in a bag of the weather is poor. Our UPS driver is pretty cute too.

Originally Posted By: dlundblad
The more I see threads like this, the more i see how issues like this are regional.

I think they're also somewhat random. I had someone to send me a money order via USPS Priority Mail on a Monday from California and it got stuck in Missouri for a few days and didn't get to me in North Carolina until the following Saturday. Something that should have been delivered on a Thursday or maybe even Friday didn't make it until Saturday. This was a few weeks ago.

At the same time, we sent an Easter package to my in-laws in western Virginia. Normally, stuff goes from Fayetteville through either Raleigh or Greensboro to Roanoke, then down to their town about an hour southwest. This package go to Roanoke, then showed up in New Jersey, sat there for about 24 hours, then made it back to Roanoke.

USPS has usually been pretty good, but these two delays were frustrating because both were time sensitive to some degree.

Sure did, except for the one from China. All the way to when they were posted a "Out for delivery".

Originally Posted By: Hokiefyd
Originally Posted By: dlundblad
The more I see threads like this, the more i see how issues like this are regional.

I think they're also somewhat random. I had someone to send me a money order via USPS Priority Mail on a Monday from California and it got stuck in Missouri for a few days and didn't get to me in North Carolina until the following Saturday. Something that should have been delivered on a Thursday or maybe even Friday didn't make it until Saturday. This was a few weeks ago.

At the same time, we sent an Easter package to my in-laws in western Virginia. Normally, stuff goes from Fayetteville through either Raleigh or Greensboro to Roanoke, then down to their town about an hour southwest. This package go to Roanoke, then showed up in New Jersey, sat there for about 24 hours, then made it back to Roanoke.

USPS has usually been pretty good, but these two delays were frustrating because both were time sensitive to some degree.

Random things do happen. Just think how many packages each company processes per day. I had a random run with UPS last summer, but its expected to happen. I paid for the cheapest shipping as I wasnt ina HUGE hurry to get it.. received it just in time though. LOL!

My main beef with USPS is the lack of shipping updates. I like to track my packages regardless of what it is.. so I find myself paying a few extra dollars for UPS or FedEx.

Sure did, except for the one from China. All the way to when they were posted a "Out for delivery".

The last USPS package I tracked the status on said something to the effect "shipping label has been created, no status" and that's the only tracking info that was given, even after the package had been delivered...their tracking system absolutely sucks...

Was that the tracking from the E-Bay site? I get the same there, but copy & paste the tracking and go to the USPS site and the tracking should be correct.

I'm tracking a ring right now coming from Long Island, E-Bay showes what your posted, USPS site showes it was picked up, shipped from local PO and now has left hub and on its way to Indiana.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: HosteenJorje
Way too much dead wood protected by a union only interested in members wages and benefits. Couldn't care less whether a parcel get to its destination on time, ten days late or never.

Stupidest thing I've seen all day.

Originally Posted By: Silverado12
Originally Posted By: HosteenJorje
Way too much dead wood protected by a union only interested in members wages and benefits. Couldn't care less whether a parcel get to its destination on time, ten days late or never.

Stupidest thing I've seen all day.

I agree, the postal employes I know are very good at their job and extremely helpful.

Frankly being the amount of pieces they handle on a daily basis I don't know how they do it.

As said, considering the volume, the USPS does a great job....and my wife works for the USPS .....and I'm retired....and I'm on her insurance....so....

Was that the tracking from the E-Bay site? I get the same there, but copy & paste the tracking and go to the USPS site and the tracking should be correct.

I'm tracking a ring right now coming from Long Island, E-Bay showes what your posted, USPS site showes it was picked up, shipped from local PO and now has left hub and on its way to Indiana.

No, I have gotten that from the USPS site. The problem is that many times, packages just are not scanned when they should be.

Originally Posted By: Jarlaxle

No, I have gotten that from the USPS site. The problem is that many times, packages just are not scanned when they should be.

I'm guessing there are a few that get missed. Not much of a wonder when the truck comes and you get hit with a few thousand packages all at once.

Here's a package I'm waiting for. Somehow it went from "Out for delivery" at 7:21am to "Arrived at USPS facility" at 8:02am. I did not receive it today even though it says it was supposed to be delivered today.

I ordered a phone case that is coming USPS first class. Received a shipping confirmation email at 3:30am and the darn thing still doesnt have any updates.

Depending on the size of the company, it still might be a bit too early yet.

LOL! both USPS and CanadaPost blows big time, citing my most recent affair with CP:

Ordered a set of crowfoot wrench set (7pcs metric) from the east coast (online), paid shipping for expedited parcel.

merchandise arrived sans-content in my mail slot yesterday: only a bubble-bag manila large envelope with invoice and a store flyer within (content must have fell off the bag or something, got a hole on the packet).

The surface of the large manila envelope has sticker stating that it's an "expedited parcel" (not letter mail or paper products, so you know it's definitely something larger/thicker than paper materials, etc.), with weight stated as 1.2lbs (0.5kg), and the postman actually folded that envelope (with a hole on it), shove it into my mail slot and left!!!!

What I ended up receiving was just shy of 15gms (bubbled envelope + invoice + 2page flyer.)

Phoned CP and they claimed ignorance on that; phoned the seller and they refund my shipping and re-send another set for free...

We'll see how this round of shipping goes...

*rant*

Q

This was supposed to arrive today. It didn't.

But I'm not surprised by it. The USPS is a miserable failure by today's standards. The biggest mistake that they've made in DECADES was to act like they could reliably deliver a package in two or three days... because they CAN'T DO IT. They're not capable of it. They've never been capable of it, and they never will be. They've been hiding behind the understanding that a first class letter "will get there when it gets there" for decades now. But that fails miserably when your marketing department tries to promote that it'll be delivered on a certain day.

Maybe it'll show up tomorrow... maybe it'll be next week. It left Atlanta two days ago, and hasn't been heard from since. Who knows. Not even the USPS knows.

USPSFail_zpsfmjnbz2q.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back