Royal Purple research giving me a panic attack????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: ThirdeYe

And if you get them on clearance it's an even better deal, like the 2 bottles of RP API 0W-20 I just got for $21 each. Sometimes Pep Boys has deals where you can get 5 quarts of RP API with a RP filter for something like $30 or $35, which isn't too bad either IMO. I just recently bought 12 quarts of RP HPS 5W-20 on eBay for just under $88 including shipping, which I was happy with considering it still has the better synerlec additive package.

Those PepBoy RP deals are killer. 5qts + an RP filter for $35 is awesome when they do it. The filter is $15 normally so that makes the 5qts $20 or just $4 each.

I agree. That is a great deal for someone extending OCi to 12,000 miles, no doubt.

Originally Posted By: wemay

Royal Purple
K&N
0w20 vs anything
etc..

Don't forget, "I've never owned or driven one, but I know beyond the shadow of a doubt that any car with a DI motor is just one nanosecond away from utter disaster."

Originally Posted By: MCompact
Originally Posted By: wemay

Royal Purple
K&N
0w20 vs anything
etc..

Don't forget, "I've never owned or driven one, but I know beyond the shadow of a doubt that any car with a DI motor is just one nanosecond away from utter disaster."

LOL... how could i forget! *Top of the List*

Originally Posted By: KrisZ
Originally Posted By: CATERHAM
Even OVERKILL agrees with the use of a viscosity graph down to 0C so what's your problem?

Because it's a VI graph and not a viscosity graph.

This is an oil viscosity graph.
graph_4_viscosity_comparison.jpg

No they are the same, kinematic viscosity projections based on the KV40/KV100 spec's.

And according to the 400k Prius guy that was posted here in the past, cant find it now but he burned less oil when switching to RP from Mobil 1 ..

Customer service of RP has been quite helpful in answering all my questions.. I'll try em for 2 changes and see what happens!

Originally Posted By: andrewp1998
And according to the 400k Prius guy that was posted here in the past, cant find it now but he burned less oil when switching to RP from Mobil 1 ..

Customer service of RP has been quite helpful in answering all my questions.. I'll try em for 2 changes and see what happens!

My bro in law was running M1 0w40 for a while in his 2008 745Li and it used to burn about 2.5 quarts every 10K miles. Changed to RP 5w30 HPS couple of summers ago and he burns roughly 1 quart every 10K milwe. If you Google Royal Purple burning oil you'll be hard pressed to find many complaining about it burning oil.

Originally Posted By: deven

My bro in law was running M1 0w40 for a while in his 2008 745Li and it used to burn about 2.5 quarts every 10K miles. Changed to RP 5w30 HPS couple of summers ago and he burns roughly 1 quart every 10K milwe. If you Google Royal Purple burning oil you'll be hard pressed to find many complaining about it burning oil.

One major reason you won't find many saying RP not burning oil is there are very few using RP compared to M1 users.

Originally Posted By: tig1

One major reason you won't find many saying RP not burning oil is there are very few using RP compared to M1 users.

Of course M1 users out number RP users. I was just comparing my experience of RP and M1 I'm the same engine. What I was saying is that of the people that do use RP and I'm strictly not comparing it any other oil, those people usually rarely complain about oil usage. My car a 2012 A6 with 470 or so go at the wheels saw a 12K OCI with 12 1/4 passes and and 4 dyno runs and I only had to add 1 quart of oil in that OCI.

Originally Posted By: tig1

Of course M1 users out number RP users. I was just comparing my experience of RP and M1 I'm the same engine. What I was saying is that of the people that do use RP and I'm strictly not comparing it any other oil, those people usually rarely complain about oil usage. My car a 2012 A6 with 470 or so go at the wheels saw a 12K OCI with 12 1/4 passes and and 4 dyno runs and I only had to add 1 quart of oil in that OCI.

Enough for me use..

Originally Posted By: ccapital83
I saw somethings about it like, getting thick in under 6,000 mile intervals, unusual wear, come on is it really that bad I though it was one of the better synthetics now I'm scared to run in our cars. If anyone has facts about this or personal experience id Love to hear your thoughts.

I use it when on sale. I run it to at least 10K like I do any other synthetics. Nothings blown up yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back