Anyone still using uniroyal tires?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The oem contis will need to be replaced by fall on our outback. While at the dealership picking up some crush washer i asked the counter guy what tires other outback owners are purchasing. He said uniroyal tiger paw. He said they raely get a complaint with uniroyal. I forgot all about uniroyal and was wondering if any of you still use this brand? If any other outback owners are out there what are you using. I also have been looking at other continental tires. 2013 outback 2.5i premium

Uniroyal tires are below average in quality and customer satisfaction. Continentals are a much better value for the dollar.

I did not have good luck with Continentals but that was quite a while back.

If you want a high value, great performing bang for the buck tire I'd suggest Generals. All I have bought the last several years are Generals, 14 straight now, and I have no plans to change.

Uniroyal Tiger Paws were the OE tires on my '94 GMC. Worst tires I ever owned. Not even close.

I've head great experience recently with Cooper & Bridgestone. General and Continental make good tires, but I have no personal experience with them.

The OEM Continental ProContact tires on my 2013 Subaru Outback lasted 40K on mixed driving with rotations every 5K.

I kinda thought uniroyal were a lower end tire that why i was surprised by the counter guy's answer. I trust this guy seems to know his stuff plus I like shooting the breeze with him. My contis were horrible this winter, the previous winter they were awsome.

Uniroyal is Michelin's "cheap" tire line. I had a set less than 10 years ago, they had a mushy ride and they tended to wander.

Of course, I had a set of Michelin LTX M/S which were horrible as well. So, go figure.

Spend a little, or spend a lot. It seems to be a complete gamble with anything that Michelin makes.

It was a while ago but i think it was the tiger paw touring. 225/60/17. I guess what im looking for it a tire that is great in wet, dry and winter weather. Not to concerned about milage. Has to be atleast as quiet as the oem tires. There doesnt seems to be a happy medium. I know if you want great handling in one area the others will suffer a little. I had a set of goodyear TT on the buick and they were great. I heard the new design is pretty loud. I think the TT would have been a good match on the subaru.

I had uniroyal tiger paws on my old S10, they were OEM. I never had any issues with them. But I know better tires can be had for the same price as the uniroyal

I've been pleased with the Uniroyal Laredos on my 05 Chevy truck. Nice ride and have worn evenly over 35,000 miles. I'm considering Coopers when I replace them in the fall.

I had a set of uniroyal tiger paws on my 2000 buick lesabre They wore evenly and had good traction and thread life. I was satisfied with them. My worst uniroyal tires were the old fleet master deep lug I had on my 1977 chevy k20. They hummed loud and shook the whole truck until the tires warmed up. They were an aggressive tire and they looked good but were horrible in the rain. That was many years ago though.

Wifey's camry had Uniroyal tiger paw touring tires on them and I must say that the performance is not bad...

Lasted over 5yrs before they were replaced with Bridgestone Touranza Serenity.

Dunno much about ordinary tiger paw regulars, bet ya still better than Douglas, which I consider them to be awful.

Q.

The Uniroyal touring tiger paw is not a bad tire. No bad faults, just not exceptional. For the price, they are a fair value.

More or less the same ride and life as some Pirelli P-4 I had.

Z

Tiger Paws on my Dad's Camry are still good at 70,000 miles; acquired spring 2011. Roughly the same result on his Mazda 626, though I'm not sure of the mileage. They're very quiet in my experience.

I just put them on our Windstar, so we'll see, replacing Goodyear Assurance that had plenty of tread at 65,000 miles but deterioration from ozone was taking too much of a toll; the car is not garaged; can't remember this moment their age.

Michelin owns that brand by the way.

I expect the uniroyals to improve, as they are picking up some of the old Michelin tech from their older lines of tires...

I've heard both good and bad stories, and the current few people I know who have them seem to really like them....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back