Cop stomps kids teeth out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok so he's not a kid.......Now what? The cop was wrong 100% kid or not, at least in my opinion. I'd say if he's sued penniless he should consider himself very lucky.

Originally Posted By: Cristobal
We have a horrible problem with police violence in this country. It is beyond sick.

In many ways, the cops are nothing but a gang.

On what do you base your opinion? Media appeal to emotion? Dishdude's thread title selection? Are you incapable of critical thinking? Of thinking for yourself? Or do you just blindly allow yourself to be stirred up by their sensational presentation, and fall into their manipulation and agenda?

Roughly a million police officers serve in this country. We've seen a few videos over the past year. What, a case every month? So, 0.0001% of cops are bad?

And you're now going to make specious stereotyping of the other 99.9999% based on your emotional reaction to a tiny number of cases...

I'm not defending this police officer. But I completely reject your generalization.

Let's apply your logic to other groups of people. And make sweeping, false, generalizations about them based on their behavior, and say, race, or gender, or religion. I need only post a few news articles about the "people" in that "group" to convince you of that group's morality and character. Let's then call that group "thugs", or a "gang"

What then, would that make you?

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: gfh77665
Originally Posted By: NHHEMI
If you don't want to tick off an LEO and get your teeth kicked out then don't break the law and run from the LEO's. That is just ASKING for trouble.

You can't excuse away the cops behavior that easy. I don't expect a criminal to act professionally, but I DO expect a cop to refrain from kicking someones teeth out WHEN THE GUY IS SURRENDERING.

Inexcusable.

If you read my entire post and not just the tiny snippet you cherry picked you will see in no way do I excuse the Officer. I specifically said he deserved a reprimand and that he should face charges because what he did was pay back for the young man running earlier. I also said the young man was surrendering. The Officer used excessive force and I said so with no doubt about it. You totally misrepresent what I said with your cherry picked comment.

The young man however has to share the blame here to some degree. It is on the Officer for what he did BUT the young man put himself into that situation with his poor choices. He shares in the blame. To me this is like a no fault accident. Both sides share the blame so both sides deal with their own consequences. The Officer should face criminal charges and no longer be allowed to be an LEO while that young man should face whatever criminal charges apply for running from the Police and having illegal drugs in his possession. He should also have to fix his teeth himself or live like that. He should not be able to sue for one cent.

Some of you just ignore his part in this. He wasn't just walking down the street minding his own business when the Officer did that. He ran from the Officer earlier because he had illegal drugs on his person. That doesn't say I excuse the Officer for using the excessive force but at the same time I have zero sympathy for the young man. Make better choices in life and keep your teeth you moron. Again, this all happened because of choices he made that set the events into motion. He is not an innocent victim here.

I will say it again, if you don't want to tick off an LEO and get your teeth kicked out then don't break the law and run from the LEO's. That is just ASKING for trouble.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: HM12460
Attaining the age of 18 does not make a man out of you. This kid is a legal adult, but not a man.

While I agree as far as maturity goes, but, he is old enough to face the consequences of his actions and the choices he makes. If he is old enough to be trusted with voting, serving in the military, tried as an adult for any crime, etc... then he for darn sure is old enough to know drugs are illegal and that you don't run from the Police.

His age( 18 )is no excuse, nor is it a defense, for HIS part in this. HE made the choice to have illegal drugs in his possession and HE made the choice to run from the Officer who was only trying to ask him some questions( unrelated to him it seems ). His actions set things in motion that lead ultimately to his "dental work".

The Officer deserves to face the consequences of his actions too don't get me wrong. I do not condone nor excuse what he did in any way shape or form. I am just tired of people excusing poor behavior and poor life choices. I am also tired of the Police always being blamed for the actions of criminals too. In this case the Officer clearly was wrong and deserves some blame but the young man who got stomped is not some innocent victim. He is a criminal who ran from the Police.

This young man brought this on himself. He picked the wrong, unstable, Officer to provoke. Had he not had drugs in his possession, which then made him feel like he had to run when the Officer approached, do you think this Officer would have kicked his teeth out? I don't. The evidence suggests it was because the Officer was furious he ran. If the young man didn't run and had just answered the questions he most likely could still eat corn on the cob.

Last edited:

This young man brought this on himself. He picked the wrong, unstable, Officer to provoke.

There shouldn't be any wrong or unstable Officers on the force. The Cop is the "Professional" and should be able to deal with these situations in ways other than kicking someone's teeth in.

This cop was on the force for as long as this kid was alive, and this is the first instance of him reacting like this? I highly doubt it.

Originally Posted By: dishdude

This young man brought this on himself. He picked the wrong, unstable, Officer to provoke.

There shouldn't be any wrong or unstable Officers on the force. The Cop is the "Professional" and should be able to deal with these situations in ways other than kicking someone's teeth in.

This cop was on the force for as long as this kid was alive, and this is the first instance of him reacting like this? I highly doubt it.

What most seem to fail to grasp is neither person involved is innocent. I will say it again, people are just ignoring the young man's wrongs in this and focusing solely on the wrongs of the Officer. They were BOTH wrong.

If this young man wasn't in possession of illegal drugs and hadn't run from the Officer earlier( because of said drugs - Officer was only trying to ask him a question ), none of this would have happened. If the Officer just did this out of the blue for no reason whatsoever I can see why most people are posting as they are. Knowing this young man is no innocent I can't feel any sympathy for him.

I place the appropriate blame on the Officer but also the so called "victim". let's hold BOTH of them accountable for their actions because BOTH of them were wrong and broke the law. The Officers excessive forces does NOT excuse the young man's earlier actions.

I agree there shouldn't be any unstable Officers on the force. Just as there shouldn't be unstable Doctors, and Military Personnel, and heck even Postmen who shoot up the Post Office. There are unstable folks in all walks of life and no matter how hard we try to identify them and weed them out SOME will get through. It is completely unrealistic to expect to catch them all before a breakdown. You never know what will trigger them. Even fully sane and stable folks can be pushed to the breaking point.

Last edited:
I got no horse in this race but geez. Wow, by some of the logic here anyone that breaks the law is deserving of getting there teeth kicked down their throats. Imagine getting pulled over for rollin thru a stop sign, and get a cop like the tool in the video. You might just get your teeth kicked in, especially if he rolled outta bed on the wrong side that morning. I'd like to see the cop behind bars for that stunt, and let his cellmates take care of him.

Originally Posted By: Astro14
Originally Posted By: Cristobal
We have a horrible problem with police violence in this country. It is beyond sick.

In many ways, the cops are nothing but a gang.

On what do you base your opinion? Media appeal to emotion? Dishdude's thread title selection? Are you incapable of critical thinking? Of thinking for yourself? Or do you just blindly allow yourself to be stirred up by their sensational presentation, and fall into their manipulation and agenda?

Roughly a million police officers serve in this country. We've seen a few videos over the past year. What, a case every month? So, 0.0001% of cops are bad?

And you're now going to make specious stereotyping of the other 99.9999% based on your emotional reaction to a tiny number of cases...

I'm not defending this police officer. But I completely reject your generalization.

Let's apply your logic to other groups of people. And make sweeping, false, generalizations about them based on their behavior, and say, race, or gender, or religion. I need only post a few news articles about the "people" in that "group" to convince you of that group's morality and character. Let's then call that group "thugs", or a "gang"

What then, would that make you?

This is a really good post on the part of Astro14 and I agree with it 100%.

There are certain people in the news media and elsewhere who are trying to stir things up in this country and go looking for every example of bad police conduct they can find. Now, before anybody jumps on me I don't support what the cop did in this situation.

But what I will say is that it is amazing how FEW incidents of police misconduct can be found. Apparently the vast majority of police are just doing their jobs and doing their jobs correctly.

It is illogical and just plain wrong to try to imply that all police officers are like this one cop. That would be like somebody being mistreated by an auto mechanic somewhere and being ripped off on auto repairs and going around saying that ALL auto mechanics are bad!

Some guys here have a problem with logical reasoning. They need to learn how to think for themselves and not have some troublemaker somewhere do their thinking for them.

If the vast majority of police were corrupt and brutal WE WOULD DEFINITELY KNOW ABOUT IT! We would not need to have Al Sharpton tell us.

From the video - "independent review found the kick was justified"

[censored]? What planet do some people live on?

Originally Posted By: rockydee
I got no horse in this race but geez. Wow, by some of the logic here anyone that breaks the law is deserving of getting there teeth kicked down their throats. Imagine getting pulled over for rollin thru a stop sign, and get a cop like the tool in the video. You might just get your teeth kicked in, especially if he rolled outta bed on the wrong side that morning. I'd like to see the cop behind bars for that stunt, and let his cellmates take care of him.

It's quite simple: some people are apologists that truly believe the police can do no wrong. No act, no matter HOW egregious, is over the line for them.

Originally Posted By: Jarlaxle
Unless it's ten figures and 20+ years, not enough.

That sounds fair.
But for the record it was the act of one very stupid police officer and doesn't reflect upon all police.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: gfh77665
If you don't want to tick off an LEO and get your teeth kicked out then don't break the law and run from the LEO's. That is just ASKING for trouble.

You can't excuse away the cops behavior that easy. I don't expect a criminal to act professionally, but I DO expect a cop to refrain from kicking someones teeth out WHEN THE GUY IS SURRENDERING.

Inexcusable.

If you read my entire post and not just the tiny snippet you cherry picked you will see in no way do I excuse the Officer. I specifically said he deserved a reprimand and that he should face charges because what he did was pay back for the young man running earlier. I also said the young man was surrendering. The Officer used excessive force and I said so with no doubt about it. You totally misrepresent what I said with your cherry picked comment.

The young man however has to share the blame here to some degree. It is on the Officer for what he did BUT the young man put himself into that situation with his poor choices. He shares in the blame. To me this is like a no fault accident. Both sides share the blame so both sides deal with their own consequences. The Officer should face criminal charges and no longer be allowed to be an LEO while that young man should face whatever criminal charges apply for running from the Police and having illegal drugs in his possession. He should also have to fix his teeth himself or live like that. He should not be able to sue for one cent.

Some of you just ignore his part in this. He wasn't just walking down the street minding his own business when the Officer did that. He ran from the Officer earlier because he had illegal drugs on his person. That doesn't say I excuse the Officer for using the excessive force but at the same time I have zero sympathy for the young man. Make better choices in life and keep your teeth you moron. Again, this all happened because of choices he made that set the events into motion. He is not an innocent victim here.

I will say it again, if you don't want to tick off an LEO and get your teeth kicked out then don't break the law and run from the LEO's. That is just ASKING for trouble.

All the guy "asked for" was getting apprehended and prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. No where in this equation can "getting his teeth in" by an out of control cop belong. Do NOT continue to imply he "asked for it".

I have been a BITOG member for years. Posting a "snippet" in a quote is an efficient and customary practice. I do not apologize for it. To pacify you, though, I have quoted you fully in this response.

Actually, you can get shot and drop-kicked for running from the police after making a rolling stop.

http://www.mystatesman.com/news/news/cri...tatesmanpremium

Originally Posted By: OldSparks

Actually, you can get shot and drop-kicked for running from the police after making a rolling stop.

How about driving to the nearest state trooper office, would you trust state trooper more than criminal small town cops?

Originally Posted By: OldSparks

Hey in this day and age it seems like anything can happen. Honestly I don't worry about this [censored] much tho. The odds of it happenin to me i'd say are slim to none. Kind of like getting hit by lightening.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back