Chevron Lubricants Q&A

Status
Not open for further replies.

wwillson

Staff member
Edit 05.08.2015 - some of the answers have been posted here: http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/chevron-q-a/
We will post the rest of the answers when they come in.

To our friends at BITOG,

Thank you for your interest in Chevron Lubricants. We’re always looking to make better connections with our fans and open up the lines of communication. So thank you for welcoming us to this forum.

Our high-quality products are engineered for the real world. Everything from your everyday commuter cars to your diesel workhorses, from your high-performance imports to your weekend off-roaders are all priorities for the teams behind Chevron Lubricants. We’re dedicated to developing the next level in lubricant engineering.

Our premium lubricant Havoline® features our Deposit Shield® technology, designed to help protect engine performance and the investment you made in your vehicle. Our latest offering, Havoline ProDS, is a full synthetic motor oil with unbeatable wear protection.

Our heavy-duty brand of lubricants, Delo®, is designed for both on- and off-road applications, ranging from truck and bus transportation to construction, mining, agriculture, and power generation. Across industries, Delo’s premium lubricants deliver world-class protection, performance and maximum operational reliability in a wide range of operating conditions.

We want to give you, the BITOG community, the opportunity to ask questions about our premium products and innovative technologies. In advance of our official launch, this thread will be open for questions. Please post any questions you have until Sunday April 26, 2015. We will send these questions back to our full team of scientists, engineers and brand representatives to provide answers to as many questions as we can. We will post the answers a few weeks later.

We are excited for this opportunity and have only a few requests:

1. Please utilize this thread ONLY for submitting questions. Members of the team have noted that there have been questions posed in various threads, but please repost the question in this thread to help us make sure we address everything.
2. Please understand that we will not be able to answer all of your questions.
3. Please understand our comments will only be about our own products. We cannot comment on competitor products.

Thank you for your enthusiasm for our products. Speak to you soon.

-The Chevron Lubricants Team

Last edited:
Can you give us some details about Delo 400 SD as it compares to the other oils in that same series. I know that fuel economy benefits will exist going to a xW30, but what about the additive formulas? For example, is there a greater focus on AW/FM in the DI package compared to the regular 400 15W40?

When do you plan on introducing your products into wider distribution?
Many of us grow bored with wide availability of only of SOPUS, XOM, Ashland and BP's Castrol brand.
A little variety is always a good thing, and you could have the members here arguing about how your oil is better than (insert brand name here).

Start / Stop engines are becoming more popular, and since a large amount of wear happens during a short time after start, and start / stop engines have to go through the start process many times more than conventional engines, do you have any oils in XW-30, and or XW-20 that are well suited to use with start / stop engines? And if you have oils well suited for these engines, what are those oils?

PS, if you do have oils well suited for start / stop engines you probably could capture a decent percentage of the oil sales for such engines if you were to advertise "suited for start / stop engines" on the front of the oil bottle.

You might even specify gasoline or Diesel along with "suited for start / stop engines", such as "suited for start / stop gasoline engines", or "suited for start / stop Diesel engines, or "suited for start / stop gasoline and Diesel engines".

Last edited:
Does Havoline plan on releasing the wear results of the Sequence IIIG and IVA tests as Kendall, Castrol, and Amsoil have done at various times in the recent past?

Is Chevron going to bring their oil based deposit technology developed for the Detroit diesel to the gas engine market?

Are you developing solutions for DI gasoline engines?

Havoline synthetics have "Deposit Shield" Pro-DS. How does this compare to other oils on the market that also minimize deposits? Is there any special chemicals to do that that the competition doesn't use?

1. Do you plan on offering a full SAPS ACEA A3/B4, BMW LL-01, MB 229.5 oil in the US? And if so, where can it be purchased?

2. Do you plan on bringing motorcycle oil meeting JASO MA/MA2 spec to the US? I noticed Havoline Super 4T is available in other markets.

Can you talk about the differences in base oils and add packs for Havoline vs Havoline HM?

I really think Chevron makes really solid products. I have in my lady's Camry right now. Also ran it in my Altima. So like another person said on here asked.. Will you all make a 5 qt container of synthetic Pro DS available at Walmart ? And the noack being over 15.. Is there a way for the conventional be worked on to lower that just a bit?

Are there any plans to create a full synthetic high mileage oil, similar to Valvoline MaxLife Full Synthetic or Pennzoil Platinum High Mileage?

Will you continue to offer your High Mileage as a thick for grade, non-resource conserving oil? I like that it is currently formulated that way, and it would be nice if it remained a traditional HM oil.

Can Chevron give us any information here about Havoline oil that show their superiority that doesn't sound like marketing talk or that we can't just read off Havoline's website? (Please don't use the word "unsurpassed" when just referring to barely passing SN tests, or any other misdirection. People on here are pretty smart and yawn big when flowery marketing-speak happens.)

Your additive packages differentiate Chevron Delo 400 LE 15W-40 somewhat from the remainder of the HDEO market. Is the focus on boron and moly better for my 6.7L Cummins RAM in addressing emissions contaminants and wear?

Why does the Delo 5W-40 LE synthetic not share a similar additive focus as the standard 15W-40 product?

Other than marketing, what advantages does ISOSYN technology bring to your dino Delo oils?

Your Havoline Conventional 5W-20 dino oil delivered some of the best gas mileage in my Toyota Camry that I have ever seen. It was even better than the various synthetic 0W-20's I have used. Is there an explanation?

As a customer, thanks for your recent rebate promotion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back